failed bullet

wildfin

I have not had copper bullets not function properly but this one did not, but it had plenty penetration. the bullet went in just in front of the right eye,thought the neck,shattering the left shoulder and stopping in the skin half way down the left side and there was a hole in the rib cage some how one shot only in a 200 pound boar, with a 20 gauge shot gun at 800 yards just kidding it was about 35yards.

File_20210820-111130.jpg

Hard to call it a failure if the end result was a dead boar. And where’s the rifling marks on the bullet? Or was it shot out of a smooth bore?

If the hole in the end is plugged a copper bullet will sometimes not perform the way it's designed. I've heard of guys actually drilling out a bigger hole in the tip to make them expand more quickly.

lol...of course it's plugged...it has a polymer tip...it even survived the trip through the boar...and bore.....lol

If the hole in the end is plugged a copper bullet will sometimes not perform the way it's designed. I've heard of guys actually drilling out a bigger hole in the tip to make them expand more quickly.
The literal tens of thousands of Barnes TTSX bullets that have been used to kill game refute that.

I would tend to call this one in a million failure, as at 1800 FPS at 35 yds it should have opened violently. I shoot this bullet in 290 grain out of my CVA and they are devastating!!!

Yes, they can be amazing. My Rem 870 I hunt with in short range seasons is a 300 grain Hornady SST at 2000 fps!!!

The literal tens of thousands of Barnes TTSX bullets that have been used to kill game refute that.
I’d venture to say a fmj would kill just nearly as good as a ttsx or a cup and core if it went through the vitals. I’ve killed 0ver 1500 hogs with an sks and the fmj is lethal on the tougher hide and shield. Any bullet obviously will kill when it punctures vitals but with an fmj u get
A pass through and a blood trail. Not always the case with a soft point jacketed lead bullet

Not sure why they named it that, since they already have an Expander MZ line of bullets. That one featured is a 250 grain .451 TEZ. Here's a picture of the 290 TEZ, along side the 300 grain Expander MZ, with one from an elk I killed a couple years ago. Look at the size of the cavity on that baby!!

6A44C579-C84A-4AF2-99FD-2FE6936E2888_1_201_a.jpeg

It was a smooth bore and it is really a lot more accurate than all the slugs I have used. I was not bird hunting but had to use a shot gun there, and I like to have slugs with me when bird hunting for deer or pig. A slight miss of a vital with a none expanding bullet is going to be a lost animal.

I would tend to call this one in a million failure, as at 1800 FPS at 35 yds it should have opened violently. I shoot this bullet in 290 grain out of my CVA and they are devastating!!!

I agree. One in a million failure of the bullet to expand. I haven't used that particular bullet, but most every manufacturer makes a polymer tip designed to expand into petals, and they have proven very effective.

I'm also guessing that through the right eye to the left shoulder took out the brain as well.

I dug thru my collection of bullets, and this is what the last 5 elk died of - bullet placement! The 30 cal 180 TTSX from a 300 RUM in the upper left was deadly within 20 yards. You could use it for a Barnes ad.

The upper right that I posted was from a bull, at about 100 yards during general rifle season. The three on the bottom are Hornady .452 300 grain XTP's from November cows at distances from 50-150 yards. All succumbed within 100 yards!! You can see from the upset and deformation that almost every one is a little different!!!

B387E985-14E9-4024-A3D4-8F3A92731434_1_201_a.jpeg

I Didn't Recover the Bullet!

I Can't Find The Guy I Bought Them From several years ago Either!

He Modified The Bullets For Immediate Kills!

damage-1.jpg

There's a simple explanation that bullet failed, it says so right on the box, REMINGTON! Remington is just another way to say failure and it has been that way for the last thirty years. Not just for their products but also for their business model and warranty.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom