FALL BEAR BAITING

WAPITI39

ALL
I WANTED TO GET EVERYONES THOUGHTS ON FALL BEAR BAITING? I NORMALLY BAIT IN THE SPRING EVERY YEAR AND HAVE REALLY GOOD LUCK, THIS YEAR WITH THE SNOWFALL I CHOSE TO WAIT AND ATTEMPT IN THE FALL,DO YOU ALL NORMALLY SEE THE SAME RESPONSE FROM THE BEARS AS IN SPRING OR IS IT HARDER TO DRAW THEM IN SINCE THEY HAVE HAD ALL YEAR TO FATTEN UP? MAYBE THEY ARE FOCUSED ON BERRY PATCHES FOR THE HIBERNATION COMING? THOUGHTS OPINIOONS, CONCERNS? THANK YOU.

I've never done it but I imagine you can kill bears on baits in the fall. Probably harder to get 'em in though with all the other forage they have to eat, berries, roots, flowers, gut-piles etc.....We hunted Canada this spring from Memorial day for a week and we were wishing we had gone sooner because of all the grass and things that were growing, just more food items to distract the bears from coming into the baits. We still killed really good bears though. What part of Idaho you baiting?

Both fall and spring are good. I bait both seasons and we are successful. Will be putting a bait site out for my wife this year. She will be hunting for her second year for them. I will be the video camera man on her elk and bear hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom