Fall bear hunts....

dgwoody

Starting to think about the fall hunts. I want to do a fall bear hunt this year, but have never done one, any tips? Do you still bait for them? What do I look for as far as country/terrain to find bears in the fall? Any tips would be great, thanks fellas.

In my opinion the fall is a better hunt here in Utah. Yes you can bait for them that time of year with an archery permit and bait permit and all the hoops you gotta jump through. I personally think that baiting in like a mouth of a canyon is a really good Idea cause you can get them little breezes and winds to carry scent all the way up and down. Around water is a good spot another thing is put some really sticky things on your bait that way if one bear gets into it he will track that scent around and hopefully other bears will catch onto that and bring in others. Thats just a theory that I heard another theory I heard is to get your bait out early in the year that way the dominate bears will control the bait and in most cases that will be the bigger bears and hopefully the boars. I hope that helps like I said some of that is just things I have gathered from other people

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom