Family goes 3 for 3 on Wyoming speed goats

WiscoKid

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-18 AT 05:39PM (MST)[p]I first want to say how much I love these forums for helping me to pass long evenings at the office while I'm "supervising" my employees. This was the first year I was able to meet up with a fellow MM member on a hunt. We have talked on and off for over a year and we were finally able to share camp for a night and fill some tags together.

My wife and twin 13 year olds were able to have their first "out west" experience in Wyoming this year. We hauled a pop up camper from Wisconsin out to central Wyoming and all three of them were able to connect on great first goats with a little guiding from Dad.

My 13 year old son was able to shoot his at 199 yards on opening morning to break the ice. We had a few more unsuccessful tries that day.

Mom and I went out the second morning and were able to put the sneak on a small herd after they crested a rise, they ended up feeding back our way at 236 yards and the wife was able to put hers down (67ish) goat.

Finally later that day, I spotted two goats bedded in the wide open about 2 miles away. I knew mom didn't want to go that far, but my 13 year old daughter said sure, we were able to get to 223 yards and they were still bedded, but caught our wind at 180. He spooked, but ended up working his way back up the fence row and she shot him at 205 yards. It took 3 shots, but it was well worth the hike and drag back as it was the biggest goat of the three just over 68".

All in all it was a great trip, as a camp we went 8 for 8 on goats in the first 3 days. Excited to go back!

48546img20181015095218.jpg

69463img20181016085651.jpg

4757img20181016090141.jpg

13332img20181016wa0025.jpg

42722img20181016wa0036.jpg

Great hunt! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you have your hunting partners in the family. They did great.

RELH

Congrats! Which MM member did you connect with on your hunt?

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

One of my favorite posts of the year for sure. Thanks for sharing this experience. PM sent.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>Congrats! Which MM member did
>you connect with on your
>hunt?
>
>-Hawkeye-
>
>My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:
>
>"It is fair to ask how
>much comes in with the
>five dollar application fees and
>how much went onto the
>ground.? Don Peay of
>SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board
>Meeting.
>
>"There will be a full accounting
>of how the applications fees
>are spent.? Don Peay
>of SFW - 9/26/2006 -
>Monstermuleys.com

Hawkeye-

Went with qbiermann89 and his brother, from Rapid City, SD. Good times and a lot of fun for the kids. He shot a nice goat opening day as well.

Very cool! Looks like a great time was had. Good memories.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-18 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]Congrats Looks like Mama was getin it done as well!
Question, are antelope good eating?

Thanks Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom