Father Son Antelope Thoughts

upmuley

I have 6 PP for antelope in Colorado and CO is not well know for a lot of great antelope and I have shot a couple already and will at some point draw the Red Desert in WY and with luck a good tag some day in NM.

That being said, I think I might just cash in the point in a party app with my Dad who has 0 points making us able to draw a 3 point unit (at least that is how I understand it). Could anybody provide insight on this thread or private message on some ideas for units to try with good access or are available for a reasonable trespass fee to shoot a pronghorn?

Just looking for a fun hunt to take my Dad on as he is not hung up on trophy animals and we are just looking for a good hunt. Public land or a trespass fee up to $300 or so per person would be what I am looking for.

Jason

In Colorado on a party application, the person with the lowest points is assigned to that application. Your Dad has 0 points, so that application would be 0 points, colorado doesn,t avg. points.

Well there goes that idea LOL!

Thanks for the clarification. Thought that would be a way to burn those points but I guess not.

Thanks again!

Jason

You are looking at either a land owner voucher or eastern colorado plains trespass fee hunt. Options are not good. I'd say if you are willing to pay a trespass hunt then you may want to consider a hunt in wyoming. Cost would be nearly the same but mush better options and potientally a better experience too. Either way have fun with your Dad.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 08:38AM (MST)[p]Rub some skin off your knuckles knocking on doors, you will find plenty of places to hunt eastern CO for free. I did that in '07 and shot a 77" pronghorn for my first one ever.
Had oppurtunities at three others of similar size, all on the first day.

Mine was a zero point unit too.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom