Favorite animal - you choose

mistertwister

I often wonder about different types of hunting and what would be my favorite if I could pick one. So for the following animals and their trophy qualities, which would you pick to be your favorite.

1. 170" class whitetail
2. 370" Elk
3. 185" Mule Deer
4. 65" Alaskan moose
5. 9 1/2 foot Brown bear
6. 40" Dall sheep

Take your Pick.

I'm crazy for monster antelope. Big deer ,elk,rams etc they are all great too , but I absolutely LOVE MONTER SPEED GOATS.So call me crazy but I'd take a 90 inch antelope over all listed ....

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]If I have to choose one of the 6, it would be the dall! I have #1, #3 & close to #2. I want a nice dall!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Elk would be the most enjoyable hunt but there is nothing like a big typical MULEY!!!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]Tough choices here!! I think alot would depend on the hunt, and who I was with, and the country I was in. I think if I HAD to just pick one, I'd be losing alot of sleep trying to make up my mind. I want em all!!!!!

I think I'd take the elk, mule deer, whitetail, sheep, moose, bear - in that order.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-07 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]1. banded mallard(not on the list!)
2. 185" plus muley
3. any furry "c"- cup redhead who can shoot whiskey or any of my bigbore rifles!(not on the list!)
rackmaster

Mule deer, any mule deer. It's not about the kill or the size of the animal, it's about the experience! But then again I LOVE to hunt so it could be any anything.
Wes

For Arizona I would choose this order...

1.) 370 Bull Elk
2.) 185 Mule Deer
3.) 90 Antelope
4.) 112 Coues Deer
5.) 172 Desert Sheep

D13: Obviously, you've never stalked a red-headed knob gobbler!

I'd go for the 370" bull elk on public ground myself.

JACKMASTER WILL BE PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

#3, then #3, then #2, then the aforementioned speed goat, then #6, and finally #3.

There is NOTHING on this planet that compares to the alure of a chance to bag an old Mule Deer buck. NOTHING.

(except for maybe the optimistic hope carried in the scent of an unfamiliar double-breasted split-tail hen)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
NM Operation Game Thief 1-800-432-4263
?I want as game protectors men of courage, resolution, and hardihood, who can handle the rifle, ax, and paddle; who can camp out in summer or winter; who can go on snowshoes if necessary; who can go through the woods by day or night without regard to trails" Theodore Roosevelt-1899
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I HAVE TO ADMIT,....THE DALL SHEEP IS THE ONLY ANIMAL/HUNT THAT ATE AT ME 24/7/365 UNTIL I GOT IT DONE. THE $$$, TIME, CIRCUMSTANCES, ECT, DIDN'T MATTER I HAD TO GO SHEEP HUNTIN. FUNNY THING IS I KILLED A DS CARIBOU WAY HIGHER IN TROPHY QUALITY THAN THE DALL. BUT I REALLY WANTED A WOLF AS BADLY AS A SHEEP.----YD.

Gotta be the muley. No doubt, no hesistation. But why list a B&C whitetail and compare it to a not quite B&C mule deer? I'd still take the muley in a heartbeat.

All of you guys that chose other critters - what the heck are you doing on MM? Go to monstermoose.com or whatever. :)

According to the sizes to choose. sheep, Elk, moose, bear,white tail, muley. If I could get the brown bear a spear, knife or sling shot hunt, I may move it up the list.

>All of you guys that chose
>other critters - what the
>heck are you doing on
>MM? Go to monstermoose.com
>or whatever. :)

ICM, There is no "monsterdallsheep.com" I checked. Besides, how could I be entertained by you whacko's anywhere else but here?:D

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

1. 185" Mule Deer

2. The others in no particular order...

3. North American, Two Faced, Yellow Bellied, Liberal Backstabber...Not on the list...

Well, here in Oregon, it seems like those species that you listed that are actually here are pretty hard to come by in those classes, or at least they are in my experience. I think most Oregonians would consider a 370 OR bull, or a 185 OR muley to be a lifetime trophy for this state. I would anyway, especially with archery tackle. I absolutely love elk, so I would pick the 370 bull for my home state, followed by the muley then the antelope. But if I could pick my dream trophy, it would be one not on your list, a 40 inch stone sheep, and only because I think they are the most beautiful of the sheep. I love those gray faced, chocolate horned rams. One of these days, I hope to get a chance at one.
"success Is Reason Enough!"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-07 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]I was possessed by the mighty Alaskan Brown Bear at one time.
Haunted my every thought.
Got that illness cured with a Boone & Crockett 10 footer.
10foot.jpg

Ahhhhh life is good now.

I do need a big Alaskan Yukon moose before I die.
bm.jpg

However the mountains get steeper every year and I'd have to go with the 40" Dall.
ds-1.jpg

H-H, I like that pic of you and your bear! I bet that king kong couldnt slap the smile off of your face!!!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Elk w/ Archery
Mature Whitetail
Mule Deer
Moose
Wild Boar
Last but not least, South of the Border Brown Breasted Bed Thrashers!

Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep (any of them), Caribou (I know, not on the list), Moose, Pronghorn, Whitetail (Coues), Bear, Hogs

I'd like to harvest each of these with a bow, but I've got a long ways to go. I can do most in my state (Arizona) but may have to go to Alaska to get the rest (moose, caribou, maybe sheep).

Nick

#1 by far, bull elk! #2 would be Mule Deer, with ANY sheep hunt coming a close #3. I'd also love to get a caribou and a moose someday!

Nick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom