Favorite Camo Pattern

+1
I will not pay extra for a specific camo pattern. I usually get "outfitters camo" when available, but I will take any pattern if the sale is good enough.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Camo wasn't too popular in the days that i put in most of my good hunts and i'm not a huge fan of the stuff but while hunting, i'm always wearing drab colors that wouldn't seem out of place to my own color blind self.

There are shirts that i wear that i have no clue what color they are. lol

I do have a button down shirt that i suppose is a snow camo. For some reason, i really like it, it's one of my favorite shirts.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My favorite is the Real-Tree Max-1, 'cause it matches the sagebrush and desert areas I hunt so well. Pretty much only buy stuff thats on sale, so have a huge variety of different patterns to pick from. Since most of my African safari stuff is just brown Wranglers and khaki or forest green shirts, that is what I have on the most.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-14 AT 12:01PM (MST)[p]What do you think is the most effective camo for deceiving animals?

What do you think is the best looking Camo?

Whats the most important aspect of hunting clothing that you consider before making a purchase (fit, finish, camo pattern, price, quality).

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-14
>AT 12:01?PM (MST)

>
>Whats the most important aspect of
>hunting clothing that you consider
>before making a purchase (fit,
>finish, camo pattern, price, quality).
>

Function and durability: does it do what is supposed to do and last many seasons

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

camo is designed to appeal to the purchasers eye and that is it. Only reason I buy camo is because to get the qualities I desire in clothes I want for hunting it only comes in camo.
I don't care what the pattern is, flanel is just fine for me.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

"What do you think is the most effective camo for deceiving animals?"

Hold your butt still and don't let the animal catch you moving. Beyond that, I believe it matters little what the pattern is.

>"What do you think is the
>most effective camo for deceiving
>animals?"
>
>Hold your butt still and don't
>let the animal catch you
>moving. Beyond that, I believe
>it matters little what the
>pattern is.

Pretty much what he said. I like what's on sale when I need/want a new garment.

I've said this before but have come to the conclusion after first being a bowhunter and then hunting rifle only, it is a guys face that really gives us hunters away.

Deer will stare at a immobile object or look at something they might think out of place but if they once see your face, you're most likely busted, game over.

I long ago used to have a face net as part of a hat i wore when among em. It worked way better than expected, best piece of camo i ever had.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Most effective at deceiving animals?

ASAT worn by an immobile hunter.

As a waterfowl hunter 48 years ago, I wore brown camo and green camo. That tricolor old school stuff. Very effective as long as you didn't move.

Then manufacturers started making the tree and leaf looking stuff and I couldn't find brown camo any more. I switched over to Cabela's Seclusion 3D Open Country and that worked well for years. Of course, Cabela's quit making that pattern.

Any new camo I buy will be in ASAT from now on. That stuff will totally break up your outline and animals will walk right up to you.

From their website "If you use ASAT Camo exclusively for 1 year and do not see more game than you ever have wearing any other brand of camo, we will buy it back guaranteed!"

www.asatcamo.com

>Most effective at deceiving animals?
>
>ASAT worn by an immobile hunter.
>
>
>As a waterfowl hunter 48 years
>ago, I wore brown camo
>and green camo. That tricolor
>old school stuff. Very effective
>as long as you didn't
>move.
>
>Then manufacturers started making the tree
>and leaf looking stuff and
>I couldn't find brown camo
>any more. I switched over
>to Cabela's Seclusion 3D Open
>Country and that worked well
>for years. Of course, Cabela's
>quit making that pattern.
>
>Any new camo I buy will
>be in ASAT from now
>on. That stuff will totally
>break up your outline and
>animals will walk right up
>to you.
>
>From their website "If you use
>ASAT Camo exclusively for 1
>year and do not see
>more game than you ever
>have wearing any other brand
>of camo, we will buy
>it back guaranteed!"
>
>www.asatcamo.com

I love brown camo, it looks cool. I prefer dickies duck carpenter pants, and fleece button down shirts. I spend money on boots, but generally they are clearence sale too. Never seen a dead elk that cared "who I was wearing"
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Broke down and bought First Lite in ASAT this spring...one of the best decisions I've ever made for the combination of comfort and camo pattern.

I can not believe that I am the one who is going to have to do this.

Best camo pattern??

Morning wood camo.

9441mwcgreen800x600.jpg

72logo.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom