Favorite Gloves

CFMuley

What’s your favorite hunting glove? Early season I like real thin gloves just to take the bite off in the early morning, but I’m looking for something a little heavier duty for late season. Preferably water proof, and the least bulky as possible. I would still like to be able to shoot with them on with possible.

I had a lot of my gear blow out of the back of the truck when I was driving back from Canada last month and I’m heading to Alaska in 20 days so I’m trying to replace some gear before I leave.

I like the KUIU Tiburon and Alpine for early season.

I tried for years to find a good late season glove and couldn't ever find something that kept me warm and offered dexterity. I ended up changing tactics and now use Frost River Northern Pacific Mittens with a wool liner and love them.

I just slip them off if I need to shoot and then have bare hands with warm fingers for the few seconds I need my hands ungloved. They're oversized and come off easy. I won't go back to traditional gloves when it's cold.

After about 10 attempts, I found some thin leather/synthetics that also allow me to control my phone (map app mostly). I take two pairs when it's cold, keeping one pair close to my body and switch as often as I need for warmth. If it's freaking cold, I use my old snowmobile gloves- but I like the mittens idea if you aren't timber hunting where a quick shot may be required.

I guess I'm cheap. I can't find anything to beat military surplus wool liner gloves. Keep going back to them after 15 years. Have shot a bunch of stuff wearing them too.

In the army we had warm weather and cold weather flyers gloves issued to us. They are great! One of the things I still use are those and you can find them on eBay sometimes still for pretty cheap or maybe check a surplus store

I hate gloves while hunting. I use the waist hand warmer with a couple hot hand warmers inside. Keeps bare hands warm and if cold I wear a light glove.

I do wear light to heavy gloves while driving atv or utv to hunting spot as needed.

I always wear your typical leather ranch glove. Use them for all sorts of stuff. Worked good for me so far. I should probably get some more weather specific gloves but ain’t seen the need quite yet.

Mittens if it’s bitter cold because they peel off quick. Anything less than bitter…I got pockets.

I love liner gloves, the new materials are really great (don’t know you have them on for the most part) and then a heavy pair for on top when it’s really cold

I use insulated leather gloves when I gets cold. I also take a big gob of clear silicone and rub on my gloves, let it dry and they are completely waterproof. I can’t even imagine paying $80 for a pair of Sitka or Kuiu gloves.

Head brand from Costco. They have a lighter one and a heavy one. I wear the light ones most of the time from fall through winter.

I have been blessed with great circulation and warm hands. Just don't ever seem to get cold, until temps drop below zero. If it gets cold enough for gloves for me, I use the military mittens with a trigger finger. Have a dozen pairs scattered around the house and in every pack and vehicle

These or something similar. My dad got me going on these as a kid. I work outside at an average elevation of ~9,500' year round and they are great at work as well. Just slip off the mitten portion when you need dexterity or just the trigger finger.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 10.53.08 PM.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom