FHL archery elk

nogoodtags

Drew either sex archery, which used to be early sept. This year it starts July 31-Aug8. I live 25 minuets away and will be able to scout, but this seems early for rut. Does anyone know if they will be vocal and responding to call this early?

I was there for A-zone opener some years back. 16 years ago,and I heard elk bugling.

10 years ago my buddy had this great idea to bow hunt bucks that he had been scouting all summer at FHL. We camped during the opener and I remember hearing the elk bugling all night. I can't say I saw them rutting though and that was mid july. The next day these road hunters wounded the buck we were after and I've never been back to that circus. There's no slam dunks at FHL.

Major disappointment, hunt has been changed to Oct. 22-30
Most of the bulls will be back in bachelor groups and in closed areas, this hunt just got really tough. Just checked my pm's thanks, hopefully ill hav a pic to post later

3513image.jpg

Got my bull with 15 minutes left in season. It was tough stalking bulls still in herds with the cows, but it finally came together after 17 stalks/set-ups. After the shot the herd went over a hill in a cloud of dust, and I quickly ran out of blood to track so I backed out. The next morning they gave us two hours to find him because of military maneuvers. Luckily we found him in 5 minutes, we had had almost stepped on h the night before. It was a tougher hunt than I thought it would be, but very rewarding.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom