fillmore oak creek south elk??????????

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
am i seeing this right looking at the map it looks like this l/e unit has become a general season unit. if so gonna be some bulls hitting the ground. i know it wasn't the greatest limited entry unit(to say the least). but there where some descent bulls down there just hard to find.

Yep!
The Beaver unit changed too.
Everything west of I-15 that was Beaver LE, now is General any bull.

It might be a good year for youth, any bull tags..Wink ;-) ..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The only problem is that EVERYONE is going to be hitting that spot. Might be good for those of us in other areas. It could take the pressure off.

After doing some research, I found that the beaver unit that split off is hard hunting. Alot of private ground and thats where the bulls hang out that are there. There is a lot fewer elk on the west of I-15 compared to the east. That is why they split it up. Not much for elk hunting on that side. Plus, that is where they want to make another deer unit. I think its a good idea. But with the private, I guess we will see.

>After doing some research, I found
>that the beaver unit that
>split off is hard hunting.
> Alot of private ground
>and thats where the bulls
>hang out that are there.
> There is a lot
>fewer elk on the west
>of I-15 compared to the
>east. That is why
>they split it up.
>Not much for elk hunting
>on that side. Plus,
>that is where they want
>to make another deer unit.
> I think its a
>good idea. But with
>the private, I guess we
>will see.

i have seen some good ones on the west side of i-15 beaver unit. might be worth putting in for a late muzzy tag

We hunted Oak Creek the year before it went LE. The people were lined up and down the highway just outside of Leamington. I couldn't believe all the big 5's and 6' s that were shot that year. We had to watch for bullets so we didn't get in the middle of the war zone. Dress in orange from head to tow and wear a bullet proof vest if you go. It was insane that year.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom