Finally a 2010 Colorado deer/elk hunt complete!!

alinrut

Sorry guys, wish I had pic's to show of harvested animals. All I can say is I had the hunt of a lifetime and was not able to close the deal. I had a 6 point bull about 300 yard from me and about 300 yards of trees between me and him, the satellite bulls winded me and took the whole herd with them. After a 2 hour stalk on a big buck (about 24-25 inches wide and very very tall 3X4), I said on the edge of a mountain while he slept in his bed behind the bushes. After 2 hours of waiting he blew out of there in the "going away" direction which took him further and further out of my comfortable shooting range. I had to let him go rather than wound an animal and chase him all over the other side of creation at about 12,000 feet elevation. So after years of anticipation and driving the wife crazy, here's what I came home with.

She already said I can't mount the coolers on the wall. She didn't even appreciate the idea!!!

I'm now living in Colorado and look forward to next year.
3387soup.jpg

>The middle one has a nice
>rack or basket or whatever.
>

LOL!!!

GrizlyHunter

Thank for cleaning up the tagged game before the photo. I hate seeing bloody photos. Lol

Sounds like u had a chance at two good animals. Hope u are able to seal the deal next!

The middle one indeed has a nice rack, it's the only one with that much character.

It was pretty easy to clean the blood and nastiness out of them this year as well.

I don't know what I'm gonna do for next year to top this years hunt!!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom