Finally leaving Primary Children's

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I ran into an old friend at the Ronald McDonald house in Salt Lake City. He used to be a neighbor of mine who has since moved to Idaho. Long story, but his 6 year old daughter Sadie, started showing signs of jaundice and was taken to the hospital. The hospital recommended that they immediately to to Primary Children's in Salt Lake. That was about a month ago. During that time Sadie has received a liver transplant and 7 other surgeries relating to her illness. All of this caused by a simple virus that moved into her liver. She is finally being released from the hospital this week, but will be required to visit 3-4 times a week for testing and monitoring. This will go on for 6 months, which will separate their family during that time. Sadie's ongoing medical care, including prescriptions will cost their family 2-4k a MONTH!! Yes, that is after insurance. I've been trying to raise any kind of money I can to help them and wanted to post anywhere and everywhere I can think of. Her mother is keeping a blog of her story found at loveforsadie.blogspot.com. If any of you would like to donate to her care, there is a link on the right hand side of her blog. I am personally managing the donations and getting the money to her family. In a little over 24 hours, I have seen over 500 dollars come in! In the scheme of things, that's not much but still so awesome! If nothing else, please keep her in your thoughts an prayers. If any of you would like to donate, but are concerned about the legitimacy of the story, please send me a PM and Ill provide any information you feel to you need to feel comfortable with it. Here is a picture of Sadie:

8503blogheader.jpg

Thank you in advance for any prayers or donations!

-Travis

Thats a rough deal....makes it even harder when they're that cute. Were gettin ready to take my son for his first of many surgeries at UCSF here in about 2 weeks. For all the bull chit there is a great group of people here and when it counts they come through.....Good luck and give Sadie and her family my best.... Ryan.

Ryan and Travis, pm me your shipping addresses and I'll send you something you can auction off or raffle to help raise needed funds. Wish both children a speedy recovery.

Hardway, best wishes to your son. I have yet to experience anything too serious with my own kids, but I can imagine the anxiety and worry that you are probably going through. I hope things go smoothly!

Prism, I sent you a PM but wanted to publicly thank you for stepping up. You da man!

-Travis

I'm close friends with two of Sadies uncles. What a terrible ordeal! That entire family are some of the best people out there. Keep Sadie in your thoughts and prayers!

>Ryan and Travis, pm me your
>shipping addresses and I'll send
>you something you can auction
>off or raffle to help
>raise needed funds. Wish both
>children a speedy recovery.

My wife and I seriously appreciate the offer but would like you to donate whatever it is to Sadie and her family. While we are'nt rich, we do have wonderfull health insurance and are in no way the same type of situation. You have always stepped up in situations like these and someday it'll come full circle...Ryan

>I'm close friends with two of
>Sadies uncles. What a
>terrible ordeal! That entire
>family are some of the
>best people out there.
>Keep Sadie in your thoughts
>and prayers!

What a small world! They really are some good people and very deserving.

This is my niece. Small world. She needs all the help anyone can give. The meds keeping her alive are over $100 per day- after insurance!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom