Finding Skulls. . .

T

TFinalshot

With all the wildlife crooks around now a days, I just was wondering if anyone has thought that there may be some guys out there shooting good bucks and then colleting them in the sping or early summer as winter kill skulls, or road kill. Just got to thinking about it today after hearing about so many people finding skulls.

I've found a good share of winter kills and skulls over my life time, but these days, it seems that if a guy is bold enough to shoot a buck out of season or without a tag, why would they not drop a buck in the winter only to collect his anters/skull in the spring/summer?

Do you guys think this happens?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-07 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]Of course it does. How often who knows. I remember a few years back they busted a career poacher in CO i think that was doing this with elk. They found elk racks hanging in trees to keep from getting dragged off by critters. The guy would go back in the spring to collect them. If i remember correct this guy was busted many times in the past for other things. Anyone remember this story?

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

WAKE UP!!!

WAKE UP!!!

YES T!!!

IT HAPPENS!!!

ITS HAPPENED FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!!

IT STILL HAPPENS!!!

AND WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN!!!

UNTIL THE DWR ENFORCES A 50,000.00 MINIMUM FINE,LOSS OF TRUCK & ALL ATV'S,A PERMANENT LIFETIME BAN ON EVER HUNTING AGAIN & CONFISCATION OF ALL GUNS IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN!!!

I WISH YOU COULD STOP IT WITH THE SNAP OF YOUR FINGERS BUT YOU CAN'T!!!

THIS $HIT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR IN THE BOOK CLIFFS,I DON'T EVEN NEED TO WONDER IF IT HAPPENS & NIETHER SHOULD YOU!!!

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OR READ ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENING???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING "T" MIGHT BE MORE SECLUDED THAN WE KNOW,IT'S TIME TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET T & SEE WHATS REALLY HAPPENING IN THIS WORLD,IT AIN'T RIGHT BUT ITS HAPPENING!!! }> }> }>

RE: JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

I never really gave it any serious thought until now, and no i never have read about it. But, is sounds like it's happening all over . . . Crap, just one more thing to worry about. . .

So, the next question is how do we, as a hunting public deal with pickups or winter kills? Sounds like someday, you might just have to have tag for a dead one just like you would a live one. You get one tag, you can shoot one, or you can tag a winter kill, at least that way there would be a price . . .

"T"!!!

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST,LOL!!!

WOULD YOU PLEASE STATE WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND IF YOU LIVE IN THE BACK WOODS WITH A LAP-TOP???

YOU'RE DEFINATELY SECLUDED!!!

I THOUGHT LIVING IN THE BIG CITY OF ALTAMONT THERE WASN'T ANYBODY ANYMORE SECLUDED THAN ME,WTF???

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE O.K. TO ASK IF ##### IS REALLY PINK???

^^^^^^ LOL^^^^^^^^

horsepoop.gif

Had some friends find a huge bull been dead a few weeks last year(several weeks after the season was over) called the DWR and they came out and found the bullet (doing bullet compares on a suspect rifle)took the rack told them they would be notified about if they would get the rack back, a few weeks later they was told it was being mounted to be hung in a DWR office, It scored over 400 But this is why that law came into affect to stop the wintering grounds shooters from killing trophy bulls and bucks then picking them up in the spring.
I haven't seen pictures or anything so all I can tell ya is what they told me and my buddies.

OK!
I gotta weigh in on this one. You bet people dump critters outta season and collect the antlers later. It's known as the X marks the spot syndrome. You find a huge buck ? bull ? ram, whatever. Shoot the bugger, MOB your GPS and come back later and declare ? Lion Kill?

Now, why would you do something like that?? MONEY!!

Next question. Who is responsible?

I say the G&F, guides, outfitters, and media, anyone that places more value on the antlers than they do the critter.

When the G&F, sportsman groups or anyone else offers tags for thousands of dollars, it becomes way too tempting to cheat.

I'm old enough to remember when the best you could hope for was a jeep in Vegas if you killed the biggest buck. The DWR figured that one out eventually and started offering Governors tags for 10X?s the price of a jeep and outlawed the ?Big Buck Contests? poor bastages wasn?t getting their cut!

Honestly, how many years has it been since people started making a lot of money with ?booking services?, ?videos?, T-shirts, etc. Not many.

Take the huge profits outta hunting & we'll go back to who is really the best hunter. (Course the G&F, guides & outfitters ain?t going to let that happen)

RAMBLE ON!!

RUS

D-CUP!!!

MY EYES ARE ALWAYS OPEN!!!

I LIKE TO LOOK AND SEE HOW I'M DOING AT ALL TIMES!!!

THATS WHAT I LIKE TO DO!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU BOYS WILL HAVE TO HAVE D-CUP SEND YOU THIS FOOTAGE OF THE OLE cat DOING WHAT HE LIKES TO DO!!!

>With all the wildlife crooks around
>now a days, I just
>was wondering if anyone has
>thought that there may be
>some guys out there shooting
>good bucks and then colleting
>them in the sping or
>early summer as winter kill
>skulls, or road kill.
>Just got to thinking about
>it today after hearing about
>so many people finding skulls.
>
>
>I've found a good share of
>winter kills and skulls over
>my life time, but these
>days, it seems that if
>a guy is bold enough
>to shoot a buck out
>of season or without a
>tag, why would they not
>drop a buck in the
>winter only to collect his
>anters/skull in the spring/summer?
>
>Do you guys think this happens?
>

TFinal
Yes it happens.
New Mexico law is that a skull remains the property of the state. In other words it is illegal to "pick up" a skull. They did this to try and stop said activities. Also if you sell an intact skull to a horn buyer you are required to provide the tag number that the animal was harvested under to the buyer.
At least that is the way it was a couple of years ago. Not sure what the law is now.
If you found a skull and wanted it, you were required to notify Fish and Game and take them to the skull. They would then make a determination on whether or not they would "sell" you a possesion permit for the skull.
This is a huge problem throughout the West. As prices for a commodity go up. The means of acquiring the commodity get more and more suspect. We have experienced this basic law of supply and demand right here at MM.
Whether someone does it for profit or notoriety, the outcome is the same.
Big bone = big profit and or big persona/ego!!
Later
Foghorn

Foghorns RIGHT!!!

BUT ITS SEVERAL MORE LAWS THEY WON'T & DON'T & CAN'T ENFORCE!!!

AGAIN!!!

THE HONEST GUY LOSES!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

T-
That's exactly why its illegal to pick up skulls here in Oregon, only "naturally shed antlers" can be collected.

Thats why you cant pick up sheep skulls in Monana........you can pick up deer and elk skulls though.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom