First banded duck

D

duckfvr

Well I shot my first banded mallard yesterday on the last day of our season here on the columbia river. I will post a picture later on. It took me 7 years to shoot a banded duck, pretty cool.

Cool man, I have not shot a banded duck in about 20 years of duck hunting. Nice work.

Thats neat. I have shot geese with bands but never a duck. It is interesting to get the information back when you send the bands in.

Awesome job man, i got a band a couple years ago. I couldnt stop smiling. mine was on a mallard too. definitly call in the number. let us know where it came from. if i remember right mine was from high river area of alberta i believe. Congrats.

Garrett

I shot a banded mallard a few years ago and when I got the info sheet back from fish and game it made me feel bad. It stated that the duck was banded in March of that year and that the bird was "too young to fly" when banded. I killed a baby!

Nice work,duckfvr. I got extremelly lucky this year. I got 3 bands in the month of Nov. 2 geese 1 duck. I got 1 last year, but its been about 6 or 7 years in between last years and the one before that. A little note on one of the geese, the goose was 10 yrs. old and was banded 12 miles from where I shot it. The band was paper thin. One of my friends shot a banded Mallard and you couldn't read the numbers they were worn off.

Shot my first banded duck six years ago. Three years after that, I shot another banded duck. Turns out the two ducks had been banded on the same day, by the same guy, in the same area. Band numbers were only 17 apart. The first duck had only been banded for about three months. Second band is MUCH thinner than first.

I forgot were it was banded when we called it in, but me and buddy were hunting to together and shot the same ducks so it was hard to tell who exactly shot it. His dog looked pretty good with that duck in his mouth so we decided he take the duck, anyways the story goes that he has to send the duck of to some university far some studying, but in return they are sending him a #erd print of mallards landing in a pond which is pretty cool and he still gets to keep the band also.He was wanting to mount it, but gets a cool DU print instead

Get a banded duck is so cool. The last one I got was 3 yrs ago.

00hoofline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom