First bow kill

hunthigher

Hunted this area for 5 years. Some close calls but I finally got it done this Sunday! I taught my Sunday School lesson at church then bolted home to change and drove to the mountain. Sat on an active wallow and right at dark this guy came out with his friend and clanked antlers for 20 min at 100 yards. I debated running up to them and shooting one but they were too alert. He came walking right to the wallow and a 35 yard shot through the heart and it was over. Well the hunting was over. All night butchering and 3 miles and 4 round trips to the 4 wheeler. I found the muzzy 100 broken off and lodged in opposite shoulder while boning him out. Check out the 18 inch seconds.
5430img0297.jpg

6965img0295.jpg

2648img0303.jpg

930img0318.jpg

Oh heck yes man that is a sweet bull. Dang nice rack for any weapon. Congratulations!!! How wide is he? How far did he go after you shot him? Again great job!! Awesome

That is a stud of a bull! Congrats getting it done with the stick and string. Most people don't harvest a bull of that quality in an any weapon season. Congrats, hopefully I can get one anchored in the coming weekends.

big congrats on a great bull and for your first bow harvest. Awesome that you have stuck with it for four years prior without harvesting. It's all about the experience isn't it! Congrats again.

Thanks hunters,
He's 39 wide, he ran 100 yards back to where he came from and died just inside the tree line, he almost fell twice in view. I shot a smaller 6 with my rifle on the late big desert tag in 2003. Your right the size and success isn't the best part, just trying to get close to these guys is the fun part. Honestly a spike would have got me just as excited.

these kind of posts really make my heart pound!! Great job, that is for sure the hard way to do it, but really makes some great memories!!

This post made me laugh, right down to the Sunday lesson. I've done it myself! Congrats on a great bull and sweet success after 5 years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom