first coyote mount

• Thread starter thebuckstopshere518
  • Start date
T

thebuckstopshere518

Well guys I have had a couple coyote and fox skins in my freezer since this past season and decided to try to mount one. Up until now I have only done a few euro mounts for myself and some family members. This guy was the second one I have ever trapped (or killed for that matter) and while he was still kinda ratty looking he was the better of the two. I ordered a shoulder mount kit from van dykes and followed some pictures I found that a guy took while mounting his own. He is still a work in progress but lets here what you guys think. And no...the crap talking doesnt bother me.
2287imag0207.jpg

5631mycoyote.jpg

ears forward and dropped the eyelids to the pupils. i wish i had bondo'd the ears instead of the earliners. I think I glued them differently and I cant seem to get them to look identical

6804ears_forward.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-11 AT 08:23PM (MST)[p]Your getting there. The upper lip line needs to come down. Looking at you first pic it looks like the bottom lip was tuck into far? I would card the outside ear edges. Here is another web page of some coyote pics. If you look at the pic you will see the upper front and bottom lip meet together just below the nose pad. Type in canines in the search box.
http://www.northrup.org/photos/coyote/coyote%20(11).htm

Wow- lowering the eyelids like you did made a huge difference man... It doesn't look half bad now- especially for your first time..!! You're doin great...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This is great. Its crazy how the smallest adjustment can make such a huge difference

Just about done with him. I'm still got some brushing to do. I am amazed about how he came out. Thanks everybody for your help. It made a great difference.
6839finished1.jpg

5688finished2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-06-11 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]back brush him like crazy and clean that hair up, did you wash him really well before tanning him?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom