First Posting

D

Dinero

Gentleman - i have been following this forum for well over a year, but have never posted before. I have been going back through bluelks muzzle chapters - very good stuff. Where was this info. back when i started muzzle hunting in '94?
I shoot a White, g-series, 50 cal. with the White 460 grain conical. I have nothing but good things to say about this set-up. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has tried any quick disconnect scope rings? I purchased a pair to aid in being able to clean more efficiently, but would like to get some opinions from any of you whom might have some first-hand feedback.

Also, has anyone had any problems with #11 caps that do not detonate? I think some of my caps are too old, and some fresh ones might do the trick.

Chomping at the bit until the seasons start, drew South Slope Diamond Mtn.(Utah)this year. Have never set foot on the unit, but decided to try something different this year since Crawford Mtn. is just a pipe dream for me. Will be scouting the unit in the following weeks, and hoping that everything looks good.

Well it feels good to finally post a few words, contribute to the site, ask lots of questions, and offer what little advice I can on the Grey Ghosts of the west!

Love your choice of thunder stick. A white model 97 is what I ultimately went with. What a dream to shoot huh. Dont have near the finicky troubles i've had with others.

shedcrazy

"Quick" disconect scope rings?Only 2 choices here for Quality and Dependability,LEUPOLD and KNIGHT.My hunt pard uses the Leupold and I use the Knight and both sets have always kept Their "ZERO" after removing from rifle,for one reason or the other.As for those #11 caps,have shot them since I began "Smokepolen"in the Early 90'S and have NEVER had a problem with the Remingtons",only problem was when I tried another Foreign brand because the Gun Shop was out of Rems.Off this weekend to try out the "NEW" Triple-7,and get ready for a Sept.muz.deer hunt in Nv. and then off to N.M. for a Oct. 5-9 for Elk.

Hey,Shedcrazy thanks for the last E-mail and web site/photos,will be in touch soon as I now have ALL my maps for Unit 2.Went "0" for AZ. this year and now have MY hunts all planned---Bruce

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom