First time AZ hunt

W

Wapato

This will be my first time hunsting AZ. I'm coming down for Christmas and will be hunting mule deer with a bow. I have no idea where to hnt but I will be staying in Scottsdale. My wife is from there and I'm live in WA. I got sthe hunting license because I put in for the elk draw so I figured that I'll do some hunting while I'm there. any suggestions on where to look thats not to far out of the city. i'm not looking for anybodys hotspot just an area so I can look at maps. Thanks Wapato

I'm just learning the area because I grew up in southeast AZ and don't know this area very well. I scouted around in the southern part of unit 22 for a few days and never saw any deer but I found lots of sign so they are there somewhere.

The bushnell tanks (FR-22) has been closed for a few months but I hiked back in a few ridges and found a lot of sign. It is only about an hour from the Valley just off of HW 87 north of Fountain Hills. Also check out Mt. Ord and Four Peaks in the same area.

I ended up hunting in the southern part of unit 23 for the last week and I'll be up there all weekend. I have seen deer almost everyday, and pigs everywhere I glass. It's about 2 hours from the valley but you can give it a shot if you want to drive that far. I've been on Cherry Creek rd. (FR-203) it's just north of Roosevelt Lake on HW 288.

PM me if you want to ask any questions, hopefully someone will chime in that knows the area better than I do.

If you end up in the area I drive a black 4-door Chevy S-10 thats covered in mud, say HI.

Check out the white Tank Mountains. It holds lots of deer and has been known for some real whoppers. Remember enter in the park entrance and pay the fee, also ask for a map and it will show areas you can and can not hunt. Good luck!

wapato---If i were you i would look into hunting the mcdowell mountains i believe you can enter the park on the east side of the mountain range.Oh by the way i found a very good shed there of a nice 4 pointer a few years ago.Remember check the regs for areas you can and cant hunt good luck.

If you have some cash call the maddglasser @ southwest hunting adventures.It may be worth it to you have have him guide you.Every year he puts his guy's on some big bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-07 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]

> I drive a black
>4-door Chevy S-10 thats covered
>in mud,

I think that was the truck that drove past a 190" buck I was stalking and blew the whole thing for me.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom