Fish Taxidermist

MEANTTOBBUCK

Could any of you recommend a taxidermist for fish in the Phoenix area? I caught a good bass yesterday with my dad who is 90 years old. Dad does not have too many more fishing trips left so I want to get bass mounted to remmber all of the fishing and hunting times we have shared together since I was 4 some 57 years ago. Thanks for any help.

One thing I'd recommend --- pay the extra bit and have a reproduction done rather than a skin-on mount. You'll be happier in the long run ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

LAST EDITED ON May-09-14 AT 04:33PM (MST)[p]I highly recommend T & A fish taxidermy. He only does fish and he is Amazing! He wins Awards almost every year!

Terry Johnson
480-748-3664

YES, you want a reproduction mount, NOT a skin mount. They last forever, whereas skin mounts deteriorate over time. These days, you don't even need to kill the fish, just measure him and have the taxidermist make a repro mount. I've got a mount of a 65 lb. Alaskan King Salmon my son caught when he was 11, and it is a repro mount that looks the same as it did the day we got it. AND, we got to enjoy eating the fish too!

As a taxidermist myself, nothing is more realistic as a skin mount bass. That is why ALL world champion warmwater fish are skin mounts. As far as coldwater fish (salmon, trout, etc..), they are almost always reproductions, or at least reproduction heads. That is because of oil and grease in heads that will deteriorate the mount over time. If you have already kept and frozen the fish, a skin mount is a no-brainer..... Someone with very little experience can definitely pick out a repro fish over a skin mount if they are side by side... For future fish, if you practice catch and release, get length and girth measurements and go with a reproduction fish. I have several bass on my wall that look as good as they did 17-18 years ago when first mounted. I hope that helps.........

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom