fishing question ?

huntercameron

hey what braid line would you pick out . out of these 2 . spiderwire ez braid or spiderwire stealth braid ? any opinions welcome . thanks

If I had a dollar for every time I ended up hacking braid out of my prop I’d be a millionaire ! Absolutely hate the crap !!! Cause way more trouble than it’s worth with snags too !

No experience with Spiderwire but I like braid line. Power Pro is what I've been using in saltwater. I think it's all good. Thin diameter and zero stretch. No memory. I haven't switched from Maxima mono for steelhead though. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

What size? Strength? What are you using it for? I only use it for vertical jigging in lakes, or deep dropping for grouper in salt water.

I use 8 pound pline pure floral carbon awesome stretch I’ve landed some big carp never had a break.

The issue here is that here in Kali we catch big fish not the little ones you guys catch. We need braid to get the fish in. Also at great depths it doesn't stretch and when you get a bite you can set the hook. Mono stretches too much
Power Pro in 55 lb and red not any other color

The issue here is that here in Kali we catch big fish not the little ones you guys catch. We need braid to get the fish in. Also at great depths it doesn't stretch and when you get a bite you can set the hook. Mono stretches too much

I thought that only texans had issues with everything being bigger...

Oh man my bad guess the lake close to my house only has 20-30# cutthroats

I use spiderwire braided in all my fishing reels except the crappie setup. Bass rod setup with 20lbs 6lbs diameter, salmon rods have 80lbs and sturgeon rods have 100lbs. Even setup the pike tipups with 50lbs test.

I use spiderwire braided in all my fishing reels except the crappie setup. Bass rod setup with 20lbs 6lbs diameter, salmon rods have 80lbs and sturgeon rods have 100lbs. Even setup the pike tipups with 50lbs test.

I've switched to using it for crappie setups as well and using an eight foot fluorocarbon leader. Don't have the coil memory and can leave it on a spool longer.

Should always use a fluorocarbon (or mono) leader anyway whenever using braid.

i ended up getting spiderwire stealth smooth x8 50 LB test . im going fishing to some community fisheries . wish me luck !

WIN_20220209_16_04_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220209_16_03_54_Pro.jpg

About 7 years ago, I decided to give braid a try.

I now use it exclusively.

I’ve found Tuff line and Spider Stealth to be good, but my favorite is

Sufix 832 for spinning gear

and

Power Pro depth hunter for casting.

Braid is less than ½ the diameter per lb test.

And zero stretch.

This allows me to use line 50% stronger, and still smaller diameter/weight.

Fewer breakoffs, casts farther and more line on the reel.

Zero stretch means you see and feel the lightest nibble or tap.

Braid is more expensive than Mono, but the cost of good line is nothing compared to a tank of gas and a day on the lake.

The problems you will find with braid;

You must use the right knot. (I use a Nanofil knot)

Braid is NOT good with abrasion, stretch it tight over a rock and it will break.

That’s why I use a Florocarbon leader.

Braid helps me catch more fish and loose less gear.

About 7 years ago, I decided to give braid a try.

I now use it exclusively.

I’ve found Tuff line and Spider Stealth to be good, but my favorite is

Sufix 832 for spinning gear

and

Power Pro depth hunter for casting.

Braid is less than ½ the diameter per lb test.

And zero stretch.

This allows me to use line 50% stronger, and still smaller diameter/weight.

Fewer breakoffs, casts farther and more line on the reel.

Zero stretch means you see and feel the lightest nibble or tap.

Braid is more expensive than Mono, but the cost of good line is nothing compared to a tank of gas and a day on the lake.

The problems you will find with braid;

You must use the right knot. (I use a Nanofil knot)

Braid is NOT good with abrasion, stretch it tight over a rock and it will break.

That’s why I use a Florocarbon leader.

Braid helps me catch more fish and loose less gear.
hey nice fish in your avatar ! is that strawberry ? sre you in utah ?

Recent years spiderwire hasn't held up like it used to. Doesn't do well with UV it seems.
Cajun red, power pro, stren has one too that's bright yellow... Spiderwire just doesn't cut it. We run 10#, 30#, and 60# on several baitcasters.

I only use braid when frog fishing in the thick stuff. No need for braid any other time unless I'm in the thick stuff and need to hog something out.
Canyon Bass 1.jpg

I hated the braided lines when I tried them 20 years ago. I'm sure they have changed/progressed since then but I still prefer a super mono. You will have to use different knots for braided, as mentioned earlier. You didn't say what you are fishing for and in what kind of depths or terrain/structure... Good luck.

I hated the braided lines when I tried them 20 years ago. I'm sure they have changed/progressed since then but I still prefer a super mono. You will have to use different knots for braided, as mentioned earlier. You didn't say what you are fishing for and in what kind of depths or terrain/structure... Good luck.
hey im after rainbow trout that they stock at these community fisheries in utah salt lake city

hey im after rainbow trout that they stock at these community fisheries in utah salt lake city

I like braided for trout just because you have more sensitivity. Also, I like the smaller diameter, since I can use 8lb braided and it has the diameter of 2lb test.

If using bait though, I usually have 2 or 3 ft of mono leader.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom