Fishlake late LE ELK

R

Rasmussen

Just looking for some advice on the late Fishlake elk rifle hunt. I should most likely draw it this year. I have never been to the unit. Are the elk in similar locations from September to November? Has anyone hunted the late season? How was the quality and quantity? Any Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Thank you, every bit of advice helps. Others please feel free to add additional comments.

Ras be careful with the late hunts, come Nov a lot of those bulls go to the low country which is fine as long as it's not all P@J's. It's tough hunting that thick flat land. Pm me about Wy.

I put in for this hunt. I am excited to go. I have heard some good stories about this hunt and the amount of bulls you will see. I should draw with 12 points. Can't wait for November to get here.

I was excited to go, but I may change my choice. I have heard a few bad things about this hunt that have me concerned. I will have to do some further research. I have heard that it is over hunted and that the quality of bulls have really dropped. I may put in for the bookcliffs.

Late elk hunts are not always a cake walk. I helped with a late manti tag a few years back and the tag holder was a very experienced hunter, but came home with a pretty small bull. He hunted every day and hardly saw a bull over 300.
That time of year, weather plays a very big part and the big bulls head for holes or private land to lick their wounds from the rut.
Good luck

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom