Flagstaff AZ public imput meeting

coueskiller

Well I just got off the phone with the Flagstaff Game and Fish office as I was concerned when the public comment meeting would be held for the upcomming hunt guideline recomendations that the comission will be meeting on Apr.21 in Phx. Well after I had to hold for about 15 min. the lady told me the meeting is tonight @ 6pm at the office on Lake Mary Rd. The lady I spoke to couldn't find any info on a public meeting anywhere and had to look at the conference room schedule to find out that it is tonight!!!! That is just about par for the course......they want NO public imput and the best way to get that done is to not inform the public when the meeting is going to take place. I am just about done with hunting this state I have called home for all my 33 years and it is truly dissapointing that my kids will never be able to experience the fun and joy of hunting Az. as I did because the game has been mismanaged to a point where there won't be a huntable population by the time my kids are old enough to hunt. We can sit back and blame the drought & predators for the decline of game but that's not the whole problem, the way it is managed is the biggest of the problem. I want to know when the last time one of these so called commissinoers ever sat foot in the woods was???? Deer herds are just starting to look A LITTLE better and here they go jacking up the permits and Antelope is a whole different story & if they keep going like they are killing them now they will be all but gone in 10yrs. I'm no biologist but I do spend about 100 days in the field every year and this is what I see. I think I will sit out on this years deer,buff & sheep draws and just buy a tag elsewhere as I have just had it with our AZGFD and would like to see my money go somewhere else where maybe it will be put to better use than it is in AZ.

Later,
Geoff

I am at every meeting they have and we defeated the proposed Nov. archey elk hunts 2 years ago but I don't think we have a chance on this one. With plenty of notice about the meetings there are usually the same 20-30 of us at the Flagstaff meetings but this meeting tonight with no public announcement will have maybe 10 guys show up. But hey that's what the commission wants. Too bad they don't let the wildlife managers manage the wildlife. And we all know they don't give a rats ass about what the public wants. I'm tired of our AZGFD and all the BS and it's about time for me to step away from hunting in my home state and look for other places to teach my kids the qualities of the hunting an fishing that I love so much to do.

Later,
Geoff

Hey Geoff,
I also wanted to add to this. If those of you who can't make the meetings are willing to take a few minutes and visit the AZGFD web site you can send comments on their site. Scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click on the "send message" icon at the very bottom. I was able to type up a pretty good amount of dissapointments I had with the new recommendations. Hopefully these comments/ complaints make a difference or many of us will be very upset with the outcome.
If you guys can.... Try and send a message on your spare time! Every little bit helps...

Thanks,
GentleBen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom