Fletching length ?

Trone

Just curious what length fletching everybody is shooting with there broadheads ? I am currently shooting 3 inch vanes with 100 gr. wacem's, but I am interested in shooting a smaller vane. Just wondering how it would fly?

http:www.elknut.com

I know many hunters that are shooting 2" blazers with your similar setup. I shoot 4-4" feathers out of my longbow with no problems with a 550grn arrow. I'll bet you could scale down & have good flight. Fletch one up & see!

ElkNut1

If your 3" vanes tune and work for you then why change?

If it aint broke don't fix it.

I have had fixed blade broadheads fly very well with Arizona 2.8" vanes with a strong helical. I have also had great luck with Blazers........if they stick!

Are the longer vanes suppose to perform differently from the shorter vanes?
Is it just a trend? 5 years ago it seemed like everybody (almost) was shooting 3" and 4" now it seems like more and more moving to the 2". Are they suppose to better with broadheads?

Just curious?

Use the smallest vanes you can get, both short and low profile. But keep in mind that they need to be tightly helical to spin the arrow. The smaller vanes will have less drag, so you need to rely on spin to stabilize the arrow.

I shoot 2" blazers with 100 gr wacems and they fly awesome.
I 2nd that i love them and they get the job done even at 580 yards

YOU AINT GOING TO KILL A BIG BUCK UNLESS THERE IS A BIG BUCK WHERE YOUR HUNTING!!!

I have shot both the 3" quickspins with wacems and the 2" blazer with wacems, both are an excellent setup. I love being able to switch from field tips to broadheads and not having to adjust anything. Those combos are deadly.

Just got my new arrows a few days ago. I tried the 2 inch blazers, and they fly excellent. No complaints. Thanks for the info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom