Florida Mountains Ibex Hunt Conclusion Video

been looking forward to the results for a while, 1st thing on monster muleys in a while that I have looked forward to seeing, good 2nd video and wish you could have found the 1st one you hit.
I'm sure there will be some on here who say why are you shooting at a 2nd ibex you already hit one. Just keep your mouths shut

when I seen the video was 16 min I was like great this will take some time. but the video kept me in the edge of my seat. well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when that ibex jumped the string he out ran that arrow, wow they are quick. thanks for sharing

Been to the Florida's a number of times to watch the ibex, its an incredibly tough place. Crumbly, sharp rocks and every kind of vegetation sticks and pokes you. Oh yeah, it's steep to!! You did well and had a hunt of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

If he can live with himself going after a 2nd animal after you know you have a dead one laying somewhere more power to him.Video was great,music,not so much.

Addict, GREAT video. Sorry about the outcome, but classy statement at the end!!Been to the floridas multiple times, going back for muzzy hunt, finally drew a tag!! if you would, would like to talk to you a bit, send me a PM if you would. Thanks,

Very cool videos. Sorry about the lost Ibex. You gave it one heck of an effort I would say.

Are you filming with a GO PRO camera on your chest?

Great footage....a buddy of mine just got back from the same hunt. Definitely going to have to do it someday...

The hunt footage is awesome. Great talent is needed to edit like you do. Besides the GoPro, what was the other camera used for the footage?

Awesome video.After glassing these animals for some time.I came to the conclusion.. There is nothing that they can't climb on that mountain.Amazing animals

Great footage! Fun to watch and makes me realize there is a reason i pass on putting in for that tag!

It's all part of the experience Clarke!!!

JFWRC--

I use a Canon Rebel T3i Most of the long video is thru a Vortex Razor HD spotter and DSLR adapter

"You skin grizz?"

Great stuff, Zac.

I hope to draw this one day... hopefully before I get to old to do it!

Thanks for sharing.
Jeff

Thanks you guys. I put everything I had into that hunt and video.

I will never forget losing such a magnificent animal. In a weird way I think I appreciate them and the experience more having lost him. Almost a reverence for them and that mountain.

I really feel if he died someone will find him in the next month or two.

"You skin grizz?"

Amazing news! I was able to get in contact with the guide who saw "Kong" the day I lost him. He's been guiding and wasn't aware that I was on this quest.

Let me start by saying he's not only an selfless, giving person but he shares the same level of passion that I do for these ibex. We spoke for several hours and realized that we were looking for "Kong" in the wrong drainage. He was a half-mile south of where I searched for 6 days.

The guide not only feels that "Kong" is still in the chutes he last saw him in but has offered to go up there with me and try to close the book on this amazing billy!

I contacted NMGFD this morning and am in the process of acquiring a possession permit and other documentation to make it completely legal if we are able to locate him!

I will be back the first weekend in Feb. Temps have been climbing out there and chances are very good birds will have found him by then!

"You skin grizz?"

That is great news Zac! Keep us posted. I hope you find him.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Outstanding video and a fantastic hunt. That has to be one of the best home-made documentaries I've ever seen. And how awesome that there's not a single word of dialogue in it. You ramped up the degree of difficulty on your hunt immensely by choosing to document it in video. And I thought those were some nice picks on your music score too. Thanks so much for taking the time to create these threads, and for all the work that went into the video.

Thanks for the kind words! The video is a nightmare but so worth it!

I am heading back on Feb 8 to look for Kong. I will have 5 days so it is on!

"You skin grizz?"

Muzzy hunt starts on the 9th.Probably not a good time to go searching canyons.Know guys that have put in for that muzzy tag for 20 years and still havent drawn.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom