fly fishing near Wilson, WY

AZBuckSnort

Very Active Member
Greetings Wyoming MM members,
I am headed to Wilson, WY in mid-September for 4 days and am looking to fly fish some of the waters in the area. Can anyone point me to a few starting points for fishing for trout? I have some experience in the region having fished some of the tributaries south of Jackson and the Greys River. I have not fished the area near Wilson or the Tetons and with only 4 days I would like to get onto some decent water sooner rather than later.

If you need any insights in hunting Arizona I would be glad to reciprocate with that info. I have co-taught the nonresident Supplemental Hunter Ed Class in Kingman , AZ for a decade and have shared info with many Wyoming residents coming in to take the class to earn a bonus point in our big game drawings.

Thanks for any tips in advance!
Jim

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-15 AT 07:39AM (MST)[p]Snake, Gros Ventre, Flat Creek. Look up Jack Dennis fly fishing, High Country Flies, Jackson Hole Anglers.

Too much to list, and you can find it all at your finger tips.

Enjoy your trip. Hope the weather is good, and don't forget to take a million pics.

Thanks! Actually have been to JD-HIGH COUNTRY several times in the past to pick through their impressive fly racks and boxes. Will check out the suggestions.

For small quiet water give Fall creek a look (Snake River Canyon tributary). Just south over the hill from Wilson.

Just found out I didn't draw a deer tag or a sheep tag in AZ, bummer. Need to take it out on the fine-spotted cutthroat trout in beautiful Wyoming. C'mon guys, lets hear a few more spots for me to roll a tippet over near Wilson.

get on amazon and order one of these:

WY%20Blue%20Ribbon_348.jpg

Just spent 4 days fishing near Dubois and caught a boatload of Snake River cutt's. Guess that's not near Wilson...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom