Foolish Hunters

M

Magnummatt

The HF only wants your money.If you don't believe me , just call GC and ask him for LO contacts.He won't give them to you.He probably won't even be there. He'll be on a high priced hunt paying with your hard earnred dollars.

Actually they are HIS hard earned dollars not mine. He works and runs a business just like I do. So does that mean I use my patient's hard earned money to go on hunts or vacations? I think he runs a great business. I've killed alot of nice trophies from talking with Garth and crew who are very generous with what info. they have in no matter what unit you draw. He can keep hunting with my hard earned dollar (sarcasm).

Magnum I dont understand your post. Nothing is stopping you from working and getting your own LO contacts. I am a member of HF and I did some research and found a contact that I purchased my LO tag. I know a few guys that did the same thing. Why do you feel you are entitled to welfare LO contacts? Just curious.

DEAR MARLEY
Don't know how you treat your patients or your employees,so I can't answer your question.If you quit throwing your money at the HF how generous will they be.Why don't you actually try hunting once for yourself instead of paying someone else to do it for you.We should hunt a unit that takes 0 points to draw some year and see who tags the biggest buck.of cousrse $400 will be the limit for the hunt price.but if you want to start your camp fire with 100 dollar bills and that will make you feel better please help yourself.

Sincerely
Magnum

Coyote
I'm not trying to welfare anyone. Thats just the way I see it. Good luck to everyone and the HF. Hope everybody bags a trophy.
Ethical hunters follow the rules.

Man you must be really jealous Mag!!! HF is a great Magizine with alot of info. They are great people trying to help those that are not full of themselves!! I can see why you wouldnt want help!!! I bought a LO tag from them this year. its not a great unit but at least it gives me the chance to get out and enjoy hunting! They are not doing the hunting for me! they wont carry my pack, they wont even wipe my a.s.s when im on the hill. why??? figure it out!!! so who is foolish here? I think you can figure that one out Mag. Dont hate those that are hunting and enjoying the great outdoors more than you do! Oh and good luck on your 0 point draw unit, i hope you kill a big one!

one_dryboot
What type of voucher did you purchase and how much did you pay.I think you could have done better on the price???
I am not jealous.I will be hunting on a LO tag,that I bought directly from the landowner, also.The HF does put out a nice mag.There are many units in Colorado that can be drawn with 0 points where you can take a trophy animal if you know how to hunt for yourself.NO 3rd party brokering of LO vouchers in CO. is a rule, just like wearing orange,no exceeding the bag limit, or no baiting game is a rule.I can't believe anyone would compromise their integrity by breaking the rules.Ethical hunters follow the rules!!!!!!Thats just the way I see it.If you would like to hunt a O point unit.That offer is good for you , also. Good luck on your hunt.

Real Trophies are taken by ethical hunter!!!!!!

HF does not sale the voucher, they simply put the buyer and seller in touch with each other. I bought one from them last year and it was the same way. I called they told me the landowners name, and I called him and sent him my money. I am sure Garth is not stupid enough to do something so blatantly illegal. I dont want to hunt a 0 point unit, I would rather buy a land owner tag. Keep hunting the 0 point units if you want, I dont really care. I dont see why you even posted this, nothing you say is making any sense at all. You are mad at HF because they would not tell you who their LO contacts were? Why should they be required to tell you? Just curious. And how is that unethical? They have a business, they do that business to make money. And yes you do want welfare LO contacts from them. Thats exactly what you said in your post.
CC

Mag, Ill take you up on your offer! ill hunt an OTC unit any time! I dont have to hunt the best unit as long as i am in the hills! and i dont have to kill an animal. i just love hunting!

You make it sound like HF members and buying a LO tag from them means were not real hunters! I see it as my way of getting a tag. HF put me in touch with a landowner and it was a done deal. HF didnt send me the tag. they didnt buy the tag then re-sale it. ya they raise the price a little from what the LO is asking but thats ok with me. And if what they are doing is against the rules then maybe something should be done. but i dont think it is. i think they found a way to put people in touch with land owners.

The tag I bought is a 3rd Season unit 68. How bout you tell me how much I bought it for, and how much I should of paid! If i had to spend the time to find my own land owner I might still be looking!

The way I see it is you were once a HF member but they pissed you off some how some way. im guessin you had a hard time getting ahold of them and this is your way of venting. its all good.

Hey Mag, I would take you up on your offer but I am already tagged out for the year on a 0 point, 2nd choice archery deer tag in Colorado and with an over the counter archery elk tag. Both deer and elk killed within 1 mile of each other DIY. Here's the link with the pics.......

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID12/9798.html

By the way.....I have never bought a LO tag nor have I ever in my life had a guide. However, I will be on my first guided hunt in Aug. 2009 chasing dall sheep in Alaska. I don't have a choice on the guide issue.

Don't see why you are so bitter. You must be a load of fun to have in camp.

MR.Marley
Don't Know why you think I'm bitter,I'm not.I stand by what I said about HF. Thats the way I see it.My comment was about 3rd party brokering of LO tags.I never made any personal attacks or did I evey say anything about the mag.he puts out.You are bitter and taking everything way to personal.
I did see your pics the other day and all most commented on a nice job but there are a lot of pics on the elk forum, can't comment on all of them.Nice job and congrats. I would have shot the one with 6 points on both sides not the 1/2 rack and the 170 instead of the 140 but nice try.Ha HA ha. Anytime you would like to try a new unit and have a little competition I'm there.To me that gives hunting that little extra drive. Just wondering if you are going to take your sheep with the BOW??Good luck in Alaska!! My hunting is going to start shortly.I guess the pressure is on me now but I think thats what I wanted.I hope to be back by Dec.I hope you at least respect my opinion as I do yours!

one_dryboot
as long as your happy with the price thats all that counts.My comments where never directed towards any HF members.I was just trying to stir the pot about 3rd party brokering.I stand by my opinion.I'm not afraid of a little friendly competition either.
You should get into some good bucks on your hunt and still keep your points intacted.So when every your ready to burn your points and start at 0 again, let me know. I would be proud to hunt with you, but I'm going to shoot the bigger buck.Unless you would like to hunt elk instead.

Mag, maybe i took your post wrong at first! if you dont like tag guys thats fine. I dont have a problem with that! this is my first land owner colorado tag and im sure it wont be my last. Keep me posted on how you do! and if we hunt together sometime im going to make you eat your words on killing a bigger buck! :) as a matter of fact lets have a little competition this year! our own little big buck contest! just for fun! And big bull! mine is already shot so now you know what you have to beat! you can even use a rifle!

The moment I took it a little personal......."Why don't you actually try hunting once for yourself instead of paying someone else to do it for you." Don't know how else to take that, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Good luck on your hunts!

HA, HA, HA, ha ha ha!!!!!!!! one_dryboot. Bulls don't even exist like that where i'll be hunting.Nice Utah bull??????
Lets see.7 Day Elk hunt.Find 330 bull,Harvest bull,Pack bull out,Check out new area for Pop's hunt,Stop and see friend in denver,Drive back and get to work.I might even have time to stop by and paint your house!Sure I'll take you up on a little comp. if you think thats fair? I'll post something even if its just scenery pics. Almost feel like calling HF and booking a Guided, LO TAG , GILA Hunt. I might even use the bow during rifle season just to make it interesting.

Hey Marley
The best articles in HF are the ones where a member draws an expensive, primo, sheep,goat,etc.... tag and doesn't wimp out and goes DIY.I think that could be you someday. Good luck in the Draws. If only every tag was OTC.

I guess i need to clarify myself. If I or someone else would come on to hard times and had to cancell our hunt, we would have to eat our tag. We could not sell it to break even(No Profit).But yet the Big Guns who brokered in the past,still continue to due buisness just in a different way and continue to profit.The little guns seem to be getting screwed by the rule change.I don't think thats what the CDOW intended.I'm not pointing fingers,just an observation.

Im always up for some competition. You name the unit and season, and lets do it. Sounds like fun to me. PM me if you would like.

matt,

The Huntin Fool guys have a very successful business model. He stepped up and got it going. If they have money to buy the best hunts, I cannot blame them. You can always build a better mouse trap and take his business away?

Sounds like sour grapes to me? They have provided guys with a great tool. I do not count that as buying a hunt or not doing it myself. HF promotes the DIY hunter and assists him in finding units. No, they do not tell you GPS coords to 180 bucks, but they try to enhance your chances.

I bought an LO tag as well. If they do away with the LO system I will not be able to go unless I draw. If I do not buy one the next guy will. If the system needs changing go for it. I just play by the rules set. I can understand the guys side who do not like the voucher system, but it benefits me, so I like it. I will still try to hunt Colorado either way. I like helping the economy there.:)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom