For all you guys getting your trail cam's stolen...

wish we had more of them with gps on them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Obvious case that can be prosecuted since he was on private ground. Anyone know of a case of someone taking a camera on public ground and if they can be prosecuted for "stealing" since the item is on public ground. Obviously it is stealing, but curious if the law would view it so.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I bet you couldn't get a officer of the law to investigate it. Nor a prosecuting attn willing to take it to trial.

I have some reservations about trail cams anyway. If you leave expensive items out in public unsecured then you really shouldn't be surprised if its gone when you return. I think your best served putting it where it may not be found and chain it up with a lock. Neither of which are a guarantee. Also it doesn't sit right with me that you can go declare a water hole yours to hunt in May. And get bent when someone puts a treestand up nearby. I'm not saying trailcams should be outlawed or any of that crap. I jut think it come with its downside as well.

I have never taken a trailcam. Scouts honor. I have sure wanted to though. I will take a look at the pics on them if there is a built in viewer. Or borrow the card back to camp so I can take a look on the laptop.

This is my apology ahead of time in case this miffs one of you. But I bet you don't even realize I did it. LOL.

I am allowed to leave a hunting camp set up unattended on public land for 14 days. Does that mean that I should not be surprised if my camp is stolen in that 14 days, and that the law would not view it as stealing? How about my pickup parked at the trailhead? Which items can I leave on public land unattended and expect them to be there when I return? Which ones will the law consider stealing, and which ones would they not?

I wish Someone would finally put to bed this conception of "free for all" of ones things when they're left on Public property. Many here, like Deersman seem to have no idea between right or wrong and actually believe that they are in the right in messing with other peoples stuff when left unattended. I have also heard others even claim it their right to take such items...

I'm not just talking Utah here but Utah seems to have more than its share of these incidents being reported. What is the Law?

Common sense and respect for others screams at me that if it's not yours, then LEAVE IT ALONE!! For the life of me, i can not understand some peoples children!

Joey

Secure is the important part. If I left $500 sitting out for someone to take I wouldn't be surprised if it were gone when I returned. Lock it up!

If your truck is at the trailhead unlocked, you wouldn't mind if I took it for a ride and returned it later? Taking the pictures without asking is a little better than stealing the camera, but I still think it's wrong. If it's not yours, leave it alone. Put up your own trailcam.

If I leave the keys in my truck with only bungee cord to keep you out. Then take my truck for a ride.

It is a simple question of right vs wrong. If you can read this you are old enough know the difference so it is worthless to try and change your opinion.

When I run into a cam in the woods I don't even walk over and check it out. It's not mine, plain and simple. There are allot of disrespectful Dumb $hit's walking around the woods these day's that shouldn't be. So if you leave it and don't lock it sooner or later the wrong person is going to take it home. I have used trail cam's for many years on public ground and have serveral pics of other dudes but, my cams are locked and I have not lost One yet. HAWK

I like to drive my quad around the gate and put up my trail cams out. I wire them into the tree real good and use some screws or nails just for giggles. Then I saw down a few trees to get my shootin' lane all good and put up a sign that the waterhole is mine for the year. I repeat at each waterhole. Sure, some people whine that they have a right to privacy and trees should not be cut down or have lag screws put in them but really there are a lot of trees in this world. I have been hunting that area before the gates were put in and my family sort of owns that public land. Just ask my grandpa. Good luck on your hunts but stay off my public land and waterholes. Those are my critters. Don't want any slob hunters messin' me up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom