For Bura

B

bullwidgeon

Allen,
The club is a club that usually meets once a year in Feb or March in Tucson and they show off all the coues deer that were killed that year by current members and potential new members. When I got in you had to kill 100 inch Arizona deer or better to be a member. I think they changed it to 90 or 95 inches recently though. Your first buck could not count towards the presidents contest, presidency is awarded to the biggest gross inches coues deer killed that year by a current member... Pretty much it is just a place where alot of excellent coues deer hunters get together and tell lies, eat steaks, drink beers (or sodas ;-)) and make up stories about the ones that got away!!!
It is a fun time, they used to have a contest between the Sierra Vista chapter and the Tucson chapter but they didnt have it the last time I went. I dont think there is a Phoenix/Mesa chapter. Things with the club seem very much less organized now than a few years back. It is still pretty cool to walk into the dinner and look at the rack table and see a bunch of freaking monster coues racks laying on the table and talk to a bunch of guys who REALLY know how to hunt these deer and take it pretty seriously. Amatuers like me can learn alot by just listening...
I will try to find out soem more, like who is actually running it now, and if there is a Valley chapter.

Bret M

Brett: Maybe between alot of the guys that post here on MM, and a few others, we could get something informal going in Mesa. I bet we could get a meeting with a featured speaker or two, or something of that sort if we got serious. anyway, let me know what you find out. Thanks........ Allen......

Sounds like a good idea but with the 90in. requirement I'll be an old man before I become a full fledged member. LOL.
Tom Fuentes

Bura,
I am in for anything we do here in the valley, I can probably even scrounge up a few different 100 inch plus racks so we look official ;-)! It would be great to meet you guys. As soon as I find out anything more about the whitetail club I will post it.
Bret M.

I've been a member of the S.V. club for 20 years. That banqet is on the 25 of Jan.
Been to a few Tucson ones. & the old Phx. club
Thought about getting one started up in Phx. again but it takes a ton of help as things like that tend to snowball.

Are us virigins allowed, or is this a tag carring faternity only...LOL!

I'm in...

Scott G...

I'll donate the spuds for the Pot Luck Dinners...

First off, Virgins are always welcome in any gathering I go to PW. Secondly, I know we have to make Brett our Pres or listen to whining, Bwaaaaaaaaaah........or however you do it Brett.LOL.....Couesnut knows how we should set it up, and even if we do something informally at my house or some other low/no cost place, I think it would be great. I have a 110 plus set of lion kill antlers, Sniper, Couesnut and Brett definitely can get more monster racks and we can just have a get together or something. Fuentism, we will make up the rules for this first get together, so those of us without 100 plus bucks can still attend. Lets just make something happen from this board, and other people we can invite........ Allen Taylor......

Gravity works for me, coasting down from Flagstaff. The trip would be worth it to meet the people behind the keyboards and to have some of PW's taters. With today's drawing odds, el presidente could be the lucky one who drew a December tag.
I was out shooting this morning with some of those candidates who have tags in 31. Me, I'm developing loads for NEXT year.
Later,
Red Rabbit

I would love to help out putting together something here in Mesa. I have a few bucks that I have taken that are pretty good that I could bring along. 117" 109" and a few in the 90's. Let me know if someone gets something going.

Kent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom