For you old timers SHE'S BACK

antlerrick

Very Active Member
Look who is going moose hunting in a week!
Decided to get the old girl out of retirement!
Hopefully she can find me a swamp donkey!

5717920190907105704.jpg

It's got to be an extended trip Arick. She hasn't been on an adventure for a very long time and this may be her last??
Good luck and be patient.
This one only happens once and you need to enjoy it...

with her! :) :)

I was gonna ask you if she was making the trip. Looks like she's still up to the task, I swear she hasn't aged a bit.

Enjoy the hunt and tag a dandy. Glad she is up to the adventure. Look forward to all the photos and story as we follow you around

She survived the last hunt on the snow so figured she didn't need new boots. Pretty much hung out in the pack last trip...missed all the work...this time she better shape up or she can find her own ride home. I will try and keep an update for you all as we go thru the hunt.

Outstanding Rick! I always liked her because she never did fuss too much about her hair. She's always ready to go!

Bloodtracker... That wasn't my Azz.... It was my son's and he was single then....
He will be with me again, but she will have to keep her hands to herself this time....lol...
Hoping I can get some good action shots this time....

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-19 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]Here are a few pics of our 1st weekend trying to locate a swamp donkey.

9953420190916123326.jpg

8920420190914075612.jpg

Had to get tanning time in.

9127520190915123117.jpg

And climb a few trees.

2285120190916123845.jpg

More coming later if we can get her to be serious!
Hope you enjoy!

?Bloodtracker... That wasn't my Azz.... It was my son's and he was single then.... ?

Oh yeah......memory was a bit cloudy! It's all coming back to me now that you mentioned that.

Well, keep her happy and maybe you'll get your azz slapped while out in the woods!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-19 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p]It has been pretty tough. Still all the yuppies up camping everywhere. The Forest Service was doing a controlled burn on the whole area I had planned on hunting.( I think they said 6000 acres) They started it Wednesday and blocked off all the roads on the lower section of the Mirror Lake Highway and closed all the campgrounds in the lower half also. I had a backup plan to hunt up on the other side, but when they closed the one campground it blocked my access trail to get up on that side. So this weekend was spent literally driving the highway in the rain. It really put it down up there. Started a couple little fires from the lightning that passed thru last night. My son ended up having to work so he didnt make it down to help which also made it tough knowing I was on my own if I killed. I still haven't seen one moose on the uniting 7 trips up there. We will kill next weekend if the elk hunters don't screw us up. Hoping to get it done Friday.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom