Ford Vs. Chevy

Me and my GMC!
There is a reason Ford's CEO got fired last year and it wasn't because he was setting the industry ablaze.

Dealer service? What's that? Never had to go.

I am a DODGE fan but to anwser your question Chevs are twice the truck a ford could ever be

I have to work on chevs every day and, if someone were to give me one, I'd sell it. But they make great anchors.

Power Stroker!!!! If you're a RAM and CUMMIN you're finished, But if you're STROKIN its continual fun !! What about Chevy -- just quiet so I guess not too exciting!!

CHevy/GMC all the way!

1972 Blazer
1996 Tahoe
2000 Sierra

Wouldn't depend on anything else!

Later-

Lets see your powerjoke do this
DaveNL.jpg

Is this still an argument from high school? Probably, and I am "strokin" it.

ktc

ford...and i give this thread until 3pm on monday the 10th before its vanished.....any bets?

I drive a Ford, always have, always will. Only got stuck once, I was sixteen and showing off for my Girlfriend and it was a 2wd in heavy sand. I flipped another Ford truck and walked away without scratch even though the truck was destroyed and I had to cut myself out of the belt and climb through the broken window. My uncle just sold his last farm truck, a '93 F-150,with over 207,000 miles and it was still running strong. I think they are the best trucks out there by far.

I have a 79 chevy shortbed 4x4, I owned a 1975 Ford before that, I like both Fords/Chevies however I did have more problems with the Ford so I'm more partial to chevies. Dodges just suck.

actually yes this is a arugment from highschool. i started it and i am in highschool. i drive a 88 f150 with a small block 5.0 302 that will blow away any pos stock chevy 5.7 i also had a 89 with the 460 that blew away all chevys with the 350 and even the 454
casey

Toyota (Tundra) all the way.....

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -- Al Capone

I have a 2002 Chev 2500HD w/ 8.1 liter. 340 horse w/ 455 lbs torque. Pulls like a champ. Drove fords for yrs before that. Tired of all the tranny problems. Dodge sucks, can't keep the paint on them. just my input...

muleyman

Had two Fords, had two Chevys. Now I drive a Dodge. Anything new is great. Chevs look good, but are like so low to the ground, you'll get high centered on a horse turd. Dodge shifts hard, but you can't stop it. Fords are just plain stupid.

well, I wish I had my 71 chevy with a 402 big block. I'd kick your trash all the way to your bank to get my money from you for blowing you away.

Move Over Power Approaching Rapidly MOPAR all the way Fords just Plain suck Chevs there ok

With gas prices going up so much who can afford to drive either? Unless it is a diesel then Dodge would win hands down.

FORDS ssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk suck suck suck suck suck suck suck

just to let all u pos chevy fans out there know, i went four wheelin today and i pulle dout a lil chevy z71 that aww poor baby had got burried in the sand aww how sad. the first word i said was got ford? and thats all that needs to be said
casey

They both suck! Unless you like fixing vehicles all the time, buy a nissan or toyota truck.

I own an '84 K10 short wheel base 262,000 miles, still a daily driver, (180 miles one way) still going strong! I have a '57 3200, 283cu in. more than 500,000 plus still runs, I use fords, dodges, and chevys everyday at work, I prefer to drive chevys, fords are spongy, top heavy and uncomfortable, dodges fall apart. I am now driving a trailblazer at work. Great vehicle after an explorer and durango

all three will be wore out pos by the time you pay them off. I prefer chev for gas and I like dodge or ford for diesel.

casey, i am convinced
you are a butt bumper.
an ass blaster,
a rectal ranger,
a pole sitter,
a wide receiver,

LMAO! at the one above Nunya's!!!

First,

You can't compare your 13.5 to 1, 2.02 headed, .600" lift roller cammed, 850cfm'd carbed, lil' Found. On. Road. Dead. to a stock chevy small block!!! C'mon, give me a break! I garuntee you, I own a Chevy small block, that'll blow the door's off of your POS, and those of anybody, whom you may know off, all at the same time!!! Line em', up, Boyeee....

If'n you want confirmation, just ask, Deerking... He's seen it.

Never seen a Ford, I couldn't make a fool of... MOPAR. Mostly. Old. Parts. And. Rust...

Ever smoked a high output dodge? I choose my 395 horse 855
ft. lbs. piped, chipped 2001 dodge turbo diesel.
Speaking of smoke thats all you will see as I blow by you

TLF

Stick with me, and you might learn a few things.

One, the Cummins Engine Co. is listed by the Anti-Gun Coalition as one of its top supporters. So you idiots in Cummins can $%#^ a cow, you're worthless to me.

Also a few quotes from Truck World.

"So when I pulled out and blew past a new Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel towing the exact 7,500-pound trailer that was hooked to the hitch of the equally new HD Chevrolet Silverado I was driving, I felt pretty good. After all, I've come to love GM's Duramax Diesel/Allison automatic combination and know the Cummins diesel isn't much of a match when the hills steepen and the gears deepen.

My glee was short lived; a few minutes later I was on the short-end of the passing game when a 2003 Ford F-250 put me in my place. Not only did the driver pass me on an even steeper grade, he did so after pulling up along side, waving bye-bye, and then proceeded to accelerate away as if I were parked.

The Ford that so adeptly put down the Duramax-powered Chevy Silverado was powered by the new monster of tow-the 32-valve, 6.0-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel. It pumps out a stump-leveling 560 pound-feet of torque at 2,000rpm and 325 horsepower at 3,300rpm. Numbers that raise the performance bar considerably above the current 7.3-liter Power Stroke found in the current pickups and of the gas and diesel engines found in both Dodge and GM pickups."

Now for a test, with a 12,000 lbs trailor.

"We drove as near-identically equipped Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge crewcab pickups as is available with their respective diesels backed with automatics. The standing start 1/4-mile run was never a contest-Ford won by more than 400 feet over the Dodge/Cummins combo and 100 feet over the Chevrolet/Duramax package. (The high-output Cummins was not available, but by comparing raw torque and horsepower numbers the results would have been nearly the same.)

There is no better way of explaining the instant tip-in throttle response and strong pulling power exhibited by the 6.0L Power Stroke other than phenomenal. There's no lag, no waiting for the power to build on roll-out. It's just there as was evidenced by spinning the duallies for some 50-feet when we pulled a drag-style powerbrake launch. (Mind you this is with 12,000-pounds of trailer in tow.)"

And a hill climb with a 12,000 lbs trailor

"Much the same results were found pulling long highway grades of the six-percent variety. Where the Dodge strained to keep 40mph and the Chevy 50, the Ford Super Duty Crew Cab pushed 60-plus.

Another surprise was quietness. Where the Duramax was uncomfortably loud in the cab from engine and fan noise under the hard pulls, and the Cummins rattling at the demand, the Power Stroke was remarkably quiet. Another tribute to stringent engineering demands placed on the Blue Oval Boys when developing the 2003 Super Duty package."

Anyone who says that Dodge or GM have a better diesel, are ignorant of the facts, and relying on either emotion or outdated material.

And for gas engines, the F-150 is the number one selling vehicle of all time, and has been the number one selling truck every year since 1976.

You anti-Ford people are just like the French, you want to be different, so you disagree with everything and try and talk yourselves in circles. While in a way putting your fingers in your ears, and yelling LA-LA-LA-LA.

A Dodge owner once said to me, "Do you base everything on facts." I just smiled and turned away. He never understood the irony.

Enough said, I'm sure I ticked off more than a few people.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-03 AT 01:37PM (MST)[p]Ya, you got us there... That is one impressive cloud of Black Smoke!!!!LOL. Sheesh. Dude, I ain't into the Redneck, Hick as hell tractor pulls. But I'll tell you one thing... I'll line any of your turd's up on the street, and we can see who the man is... Ifn' your ever in the Front Range of Colorado, and you want a piece. Just drop me a line. We can set something up.... But be sure you bring your cash, cause I don't except check's!

* Oh, and, a, I almost forgot! 400 horsepower, nothing! My first stage of NOS, makes that!!! And I've got another button! Oh, and did I forget to tell you about the other 650+ it makes on the motor alone!!!

The truck you see in the picture make 500hp 1300ftlb and blow's away mustangs and you camero's like theres no tomarrow lets see you do that for only $1500bucks

Right on Aaron check out my truck I am only into it $600 and it makes 1100ftlbs

If you Dodge boys are really making 1000-1100 torque numbers on a few hunnert bucks, I'm impressed. :) Are you doing it without drugs? I woulda thought you would need injectors too. Fill me in.:) (I'm too lazy to sort through the BS on TDR). One thing's for sure, you can't make those kind of numbers that cheap in a powerstroke.:-( Cummins is a good engine, too bad they're anti's.:-(

are you THE Wichita lineman?
This is what I have to say to you queerboy, my daughter is two years old. Say again, what did you do to her?

Yep I'm pretty sure there's nothing here that would touch OSOK's Chevy. That thing is downright scary without the nitrous.

HEY!!!

YOU GUYS WITH THEM BIG BAD DODGES!!!

I THOUGHT YOU WERE BLOWING SMOKE UP MY A$$!!!

OH!!!WAIT A MINUTE!!!I CAN'T SEE!!! IT'S IN MY EYES!!!

THATS ABOUT AS MUCH SMOKE AS WE NEED TO SEE COME OUT OF ONE LITTLE CUMMINS!!!

KEEP THEM SMOKING PICTURES CUMMIN-S!!!

bobcat!!!

O.K. GUYS,NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!!!

WE'RE GETTING SOME DELETION!!!

TEMPERS ARE STARTING TO FLARE!!!

bobcat

Well my hunting rig is FORD, my traveling rig is GMC, and my girlfriends truck will blow most of your rigs out of the water...76 ford 3/4 390 with just under 500 hp 4-speed with a competition clutch, 4:16 rear and front, 1/4 mile speed is 158mph (not bad for a 3/4 ton) has 35" BFG....anyone up for a race?????

Oh by the way I am a FORD MAN, just bought a GMC cause it had all the options I wanted on a truck like a 5-speed

158mph WOW you must realy think were stupid 4:16 gears that would mean that the 390 would be turning 11000 rms ha ha ha ha ha ha ha what a retard

THATS JUST ABOUT AND ALMOST WHERE THE REV LIMITERS ARE SET ON THEM BIG BAD DODGES!!!

I WAS WONDERING HOW THEY WERE GETTING THAT MUCH SMOKE OUT OF AN ENGINE THAT SMALL!!!

NOW I KNOW,IT MUST BE THE RPM AND THEM 4:10 GEARS!!!

WE'RE MISSING A FEW POSTS,SOMEBODY MUST OF GOT SMOKED!!!

THE HAZY EYED bobcat.

Making that much out of a cummins is simple overrun the injectorpump stage 3 injectors and thats all you need to do to make 1000 flbs out of a cummins but watch your EGTs cause they get hot real fast

....and to "overrun" the injector pump on a 24V, don't you have to go to the PCM? I don't know, I'm Do*g* stupid.:)

I THINK THERES A REV LIMITER ADJUSTMENT TOO!!!

I COULD ALMOST SEE UNTIL YOU PUT THEM BIGGER INJECTORS IN!!!

ONE FIVE INCH PIPE WAS PRETTY NICE,BUT SINCE YOU GUYS PUT THEM TWIN 5-1/2 INCH STACKS I'M HAVING A HARD TIME SEEING!!!

bobcat

Howdy ya'll. I yam a retarded idiot softmore highschool student. i caint spell a lick nor reed nor write but i wants tah be a joinalist. isnt Caset firstcoues the same loser wimp what lost his woman to the black dude?

I'll conclude this obviously, idiot ridden post, by saying the following! Any of you wanna come on down to the Front Range w/ your bad self, and your DOG'.

Just Bring it!!!

And your money!!! You all know where I can be reached...

Blow your Camaro's away!!!LMAO.

Dude that's one of the dumbest thing's I've ever heard...

You need to drive a Dodge 2500 and see what good drivin is all about
C:\My Documents\tb1.JPG

whoops i blew up the engine now what do i do go get a chevy and pull that pos dodge out to the ocean and drop it off

THE ANSWER IS NOT ONLY NO BUT HELL NO!!!

IT WILL DAMN SURE TAKE A FORD TO PULL BOTH TRUCKS TO THE OCEAN WHEN THAT CHEVY BLOWS TRYING TO GET THE DODGE THERE!!!

THE FORDIFIED bobcat!!!

GRIZZLY
SO LETS JUST SAY THE FORD CAN OUT PULL THE CHEVY OR THE DODGE. WHO REALLY CARES, BECAUSE THE FORD WILL LIKELY BRAKE DOWN AT THE TOP OF THE HILL. MY BROTHER OWNED A FORD F150 PICKUP AND THE ENGINE WENT AT 70,000 MILES, AND THOSE WEREN'T HARD MILES. HIS FATHER IN LAW BOUGHT A BRAND NEW F250 AND THE TRANNY WENT OUT AT LESS THAN 20K MILES. FORD SLOGAN IS "BUILT TOUGH", BUT CHEVYS ARE BUILT TO LAST. NOW HAVING RIPPED ON FORD TRUCKS, I WILL SAY THAT MY GRANDFATHER OWNED A 1973 FORD F150 AND IT HAD 200K PLUS MILES, ON THE ORIGINAL ENGINE, WHEN HE SOLD IT. HOWEVER, MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE NEWER FORDS HASN'T BEEN VERY GOOD, AND I OWN A CAR DEALERSHIP SO MY OPINIONS ARE BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, AND NOT ON THE FACT THAT MY DAD WAS A FORD MAN AND SO I'M A FORD MAN

CABINFEVER

What you smokin' boy? Did ya thank it out bfore ya rote it? By the way, my bnaks equipped powerstroke kicks ass!!!!!! Try and pass me while i'm towing a loaded trailer of alfalfa over the pass. Woo Hooooooo!

CABINFEVER
Intelligent argument! (I hope you are getting the sarcasm through the moniter). It kind of reminds me of, "Well my daddy will beat your daddy up."

And you owning a car dealership, I am impressed, I'll tell you what. Actually I'm not. My family has owned a Ford dealership for 60 years, and I have worked there for 15. I grew up driving used trucks, many of them traded in Chevy's and Dodge's. But I have literally NEVER had a problem with a Ford. There is nothing like Ford power or endurance, and I don't care about your stories, cause I got plenty too. You can hear anything you want if you talk to the right people. I would think that somebody in the car business would know that.

You probably kind of feel stupid by now, realizing that your "experience" isn't that profound after all.

If you do'nt care about our stories then why bother reading them or even responding to them? Eh? It seems that you have a pretty high opinion of your self. The only thing that makes me feel stupid is feeling that I have to repond to someone who has'nt got a clue!

I work in the oilfield in northern alberta. I mainly run heavy equipment (my own) and I got a few crew trucks that do maintance on the well sights and compressors, etc. I've done this for just under 40 years. I had crew trucks for around 20 of those. So I went through every kind of truck. I settled on ford, for two resasons, 1 they have the one and a half ton truck, I put a flat deck with tool boxes and load em up good and put a 1 ton picker on em (not one of those dinky ones that hang out the back, a good one that sits between the cab and the deck. Anywho when I load that on em they squat pretty good, so the extra capacity is nice. secondly that is the only dealer in town. They break down so god dam much I cant' afford to haul them to another town to get em fixed (chevy and dodge) I can just give to the ford dealer to work on em. I also lease them, that way they are always on warranty, and I use it alot. About every 2 weeks I have to take a truck into the dealer to get worked on.

For my personal vehicle, 2001 duramax. You boys say that your trucks got power, I beleive you but I haven't found a truck that beats mine up here, got a chip (extra 250hp) 5 inch exhaust and bigger turbo, spins em in third!

As for my sons truck! got a 85 gmc shortbox, with a corvette engine done up himself, 545 horse dynoed! THAT THING MOVES

polarbear? CABINFEVER?

I was wondering, do you even know what I'm talking about. Or are you just blindly replying, cause either way, I can't find a logical thought in your post.

Trying to convince one of you that GM makes crap, in comparison to Ford, is like getting a PETA member to shoot a cougar. You can tell me all the stories you want, "my neighbor replaced his engine..." but it doesn't change a thing; cause I can say the same about Chevy. i.e. Why do they offer $4000.00 Cash Back on the Duramax if it is so great? (Ford still has 70% of Diesel market, if you don't believe me, look it up.)

Oh and I can definitely see why you feel stupid after that post.

You guys need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Are we comparing diesels to diesels, heavy duty work trucks to the same or what?
If I had to with a diesel I would definitely take Ford over anything else from what I have experienced. If you are talking about a regular daily driver for going up in the hills with and what not, then I'll just stick to my little ol 79 chevy half ton with over 150,000 miles on same engine and still running strong.
Then again trucks are kind of like our guns, we all shoot many different calibers for certain reasons, some don't shoot certain calibers for certain reasons. It's all a matter of opinion.
This is kind of a funny post,
"my truck is faster than yours", "my truck is better cuz it has 40 inch tires and a super quadrant pro flow fuel injector"! lol

Grizzly
Ooooh, you really cut me to the quick! If you are such a wise man, what are your credentials? Did'nt think so! You are right, there was no logic in what I said. I did not intend to imply any logic. This is a forum to be taken light heartedly and if you can't see that you truly have no clue! I also did'nt put down any other auto manufacturer. Every rig has good and bad qualities, it all boils down to personal preference. To belittle someone (taken seriously) because of personal preference, on such a subject, is asinine! No, it is not I that should feel stupid. By the way, I do know that Ford has the majority of the diesel market, that is why I own a F350 Crewcab with a Banks equipped Powerstroke. It is reliable, powerful and does the job that I need it for.

polarbear

A few things, one, when did you get involved? But because you are, I will respond just the same.

You sarcastically call me a wise man, tell me I have a high opinion of myself, ignorantly question my credentials, and repeatedly say I don't have a clue. And then call me asinine (at least you can spell correctly) for belittling someone. I hope you see the point that I'm getting at.

Also, this a quote from you, "I do know that Ford has the majority of the diesel market, that is why I own a F350 Crewcab.." Please tell me you bought the Ford because "it is reliable, powerful and does the job," and not because everybody else does.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN ARGUEMENT BETWEEN FORD AND CHEVY OR IS IT BETWEEN A POLAR BEAR AND A GRIZZLY BEAR???

THE HE,HE, HE bobcat!!!

Grizzly
Touche' Once again I have improperly chosen my words. I am new and should know better than to spout off without ketting a feel for whats going on. I did'nt get involved in this forum to argue and get pissed, which is exactly what I have done. When I am refered to as "stupid" I kinda' get pissed. I spent 8 long years in college working my arse off to get my degrees so as not to be concidered "stupid". I know it's petty but it is just my #1 anger trigger. I will stick to hunting forums and not subjects that are likely to provoke an improper responce.

polarbear

Good Enough. Sorry man, that you got pissed off; I really didn't see it that way. I can't see where ever I called you stupid, but I can't argue with your perceptions either. I didn't mean to get personal. Have a good one.

OH! I GUESS DIFFERENT BREEDS OF BEARS CAN GET ALONG!!!

THE HE,HE,HE bobcat!!!

Grizzly
Thanks bro! Let's get on with the huntin' stories! By the way how do I post my dead critter pics? I've got some nice ones to share.

Dad just got the f250 Super Duty King Ranch Edition desiel a couple months ago. His brother who lives in salt lake bought the brand new Chevy 2500 Duramax deisel with that new tranny. Brought it down here and the ford smoked it.
All he had to say was "ford actually made a bad ass truck now"

-Cass

I WOULD CHOOSE A CHEVY OVER A FORD BUT WOULD RATHER RAM IT THAN STROKE IT ANY DAY.

Personally I choose Fords because big Ford pickups completely turn me on. *shrugs* Don't know why. Anyway.

TOYOTA!! I'LL take my little Toy a heck of alot more places than any Ford or CHEV!!

My two cents... Ford has a better interior, Chev has a better drivetrain. From 20+ years wrenching, owning, and beating the T total crap out of each. Now I drive a old beat to hell nissan hunting. It goes better than any full size. It kills me to see a dude that just spent 40k+ on his truck go spend another 10k on a lift and wheels/tires. Then has to buy a four wheeler to use to get anywhere off road cause he is afraid he might scratch up his baby. If I had 50k to blow on transpo I would buy a 2 year old vette and keep my old nissan. Chase two points during october in the nissan. Atract two point all year round in the vette. By the way, I saw ford finally has a sports car that can run with chevys best, It will only cost 2 times a much.

HVE YOU DRIVIN A FORD LATELY..... YOU SHOULD .... FORD IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. TOBY KEITH LIKES THEM I MEAN WHO ELSE COULD BE A BETTER SPOKESPERSON !!!!!!!

most of you guys could probably smoke my old dodge on a bicycle.

but then again, i'd like to see you haul an elk back to town on the back of that bike.

nobody notices the rig when there's horns stickin' out of the back! :)

I'M GONNA SETTLE IT!!!

A FOUR DOOR DODGE 3500 SINGLE REAR WHEEL 4X4 6 SPEED H.O. CUMMINS,CHIPPED OF COURSE!!!

A FOUR DOOR FORD F-350 SINGLE REAR WHEEL 4X4 6 SPEED H.O. POWERSTROKE,CHIPPED OF COURSE!!!

A CHEVY OR GMC FOUR DOOR 3500 SINGLE REAR WHEEL 4X4 6 SPEED H.O. DURAMAX,CHIPPED OF COURSE,A SMALL LIFT TO PUT ME UP AT EYE LEVEL WITH THE COMPETITORS!!!

NO PARTICULAR ORDER,I'D DRIVE AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ANY OF THEM!!!

I'D LIKE TO BLOW SOME SMOKE,SO I'D BE BLOWING IT IN SOMEBODIES FACE!!!

I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS WHICH BRAND IT IS THEY ARE ALL NICE RIG'S!!!

BUY IT THIS YEAR AND IT WILL BE OLD AND OUTDATED BY NEXT YEAR!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT DON'T CARE WHAT BRAND IT IS,THEY EACH HAVE THEIR GOOD AND BAD FROM YEAR TO YEAR!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom