Fort Hunter Liggett Elk hunt

MDWhitetail

Congratulations to all that drew this year. Just found out last night that I drew Fort Hunter Liggett archery either sex elk hunt. Has anyone hunted elk on FHL before? The hunt is in early September and I was told that it is a great hunt. Another question about elk calls, are there any good proven elk calls out there?

MD that is in Central CA. May want to ask about it on the CA forum. Find out if you can kill a pig while your there. I know they have hog hunting there also.

You guys are right FHL is in California and I posted in the CA forum as well. There are lots of pigs there at that base and we are allowed the hunt them during the elk hunt. I hit NM forum up because you guys are so helpful. I really need info on some good elk calls. This is my first time elk hunting. Thanks

MD,on the elk calls just try different ones till you find one you like.What works for me may not work for you.Remember a call is only as good as the person using it.

PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE.

Joe E Sikora

I know the area well...PM me. And as to the calls,cow call.Tules are a different elk and it is a great hunt,get a pig tag for sure.Taken a 350 boar there once.

MD is that right?Is that a Tule Tag?Wow that would be awesome.
How many tags are there total?I heard it was very few.

Again Good Luck.

Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom