Found a shooter bear!

S

SuperTrooper49

LAST EDITED ON May-05-14 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]After baiting since the first of here in Utah April the Bears have finally started hitting my stations. Let me know what you guys think of this bear. I'm no expert in judging the size of a black bears but he looks very big to me. His tracks were approximately five inches wide. Enjoy the pictures.
6850031.jpg

4171041.jpg

5510067.jpg

8328033.jpg

4217030.jpg

5496055.jpg

1762058.jpg

Here's another bear that hit a different station. Doesn't look quit as big but it's nice to finally see them out. this bear hit every morning and night for the past five nights.

2985004.jpg

615016.jpg

7287007.jpg

Good bears with great looking hides. Looks like fun. Ten more days and we head to Idaho for our yearly eleven day bear hunt.

Those are some nice looking bears! Got me excited to go.
I think I am healed up enough to start thinking about going bear hunting. I don't think I will use bait, unless it is me.
Can't wait till the picture of you sitting behind it with a cheesy grin. Make it real cheesy.:)

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

A good rule of thumb is that our Western black bears measure about one foot longer on the hide than their pad is wide in inches. Thus a 5 inch pad will be a six foot bear. That is very respectable in anybody's book. Good luck.

OH man...those pictures are getting me EXCITED!

We leave next Friday to Alaska for our bear hunt! Good luck on getting that first bear.

Put something at your bait site that you can use for a reference. 55gal drum will tell you what he is when he is by it. Bears are tough to judge without, but around where I bait in Wyo, no big boars come with that much light.

Mac88 I've been using donuts, popcorn, chocolate oats, bear crack and some stinky grease I picked up at a fast food diner in Tooele. In the three days he hit the station he wiped up about 50 lbs of donuts, the oats, popcorn and the bear crack. I stalked it double that size and will be back Wednesday morning through Sunday. Hopefully I can get it done.

Both are good bears, Hope to see you with one of them soon.
Get some sticky stuff(syrup, honey, molasses, etc) on your bait and they will leave better trails for other bears to backtrack into your bait barrels.
Good luck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Gator, they seem to love the bear crack. Two bags of marshmallows melted, add syrup, sugar and any flavor jello packet then I dump it all around and over the bait. That makes for a sticky mess for them.

LAST EDITED ON May-06-14 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]edited it because I forgot to check the box for a response

Good looking bears!!

I also have a tag and am curious to what elevation you have your baits set at. I haven't had a bear hit my bait yet.

who farted?

Great pics thanks for sharing. Let us know how ya do....
redelkarcher>>>---------------->

Very cool..... Makes me want to go.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

LAST EDITED ON May-06-14 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/993sept_8,_2011_bears_064.jpg

A couple of good looking bears there! There seem to be a lot of chocolate color phase bears in Utah. Hope you get one of them!

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

>Mac88 I've been using donuts, popcorn,
>chocolate oats, bear crack and
>some stinky grease I picked
>up at a fast food
>diner in Tooele. In the
>three days he hit the
>station he wiped up about
>50 lbs of donuts, the
>oats, popcorn and the bear
>crack. I stalked it double
>that size and will be
>back Wednesday morning through Sunday.
>Hopefully I can get it
>done.

Whoa there! Are you sure its bears that are getting your bait? With all those donuts and cheap diner grease... anybody seen 1911 lately? j/k!

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Good luck Derek! You guys will get bears for sure. There are so many bears around there. Be patient and you can get that bigger one. So funny you have a 10 min. Walk to the bigger bear site. Shoot straight brother. Please update us all. Drive safe tonight.

I have it on good authority that the big boy bit the dust last night! Should see some pics, maybe a new thread soon...

2a0fcsk.gif

Tony, it's true. My brother called me and the big one hit the dust! Two bears in the same stand in two days. Not too shabby. I'm sure he'll post the pictures when he gets home today.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom