Found Dead Head

Iowan

Just a heads up that I found a good dead head in the Book Cliffs Roadless area. We have already begun the process to claim the dead head with the DWR. If you want more information go to the Hunt Adventure Challenge page and read my post there. You can PM me if you think this might be your animal. I feel bad for the person that wounded and could not find this bull - assuming that is what happened. I obviously plan to keep it unless someone can convince me it was their bull and they did not harvest an animal that year. I am going to post the dead head there on October 27th or so and after that point you would need to have video of you wounding the animal to lay claim.

The location and a unique feature of the bull should be know by the person that wounded the animal - again assuming that is what happened.

Good luck with that. It all depends on the CO you get that handles the case. You may or may not get to keep that DH. Just a heads up. In Utah, just because you find it doesn't mean they will let you keep it.

It's always an adventure!!!

I just updated the HAC but it might be a little while before Founder gets it posted. The photo of the dead head is in the post. The UDWR may or may not let me keep it - outside my control either way. I did what I was supposed to legally do - except I picked it up which apparently I was not supposed to do.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom