Found out Tuesday

sls

Yippeee..Fish and game called Tuesday and said I was next on the list for a muzzy hunt in area 231 nevada. Now the problem I have been there only once to fish at eagle valley. I figgered if I was to draw a tag in April I would have plenty of time to scout and learn the area, But April came and no tag. Then 6 months later and two weeks before the opener I get a tag. I am very excited but nervous. Is it likely I will get a chance at a nice bull going into this hunt blind? have hunted elk a long time and know where and what to look for.
Been shooting the ole smoke pole till my shoulder is black and blue cramming for this hunt. Anyone willing to give advice on a good area or mabye even a secret honeyhole for this desperate hunter. Hunt starts on Nov. 19. Been looking at topo maps til my eyes bleed. I hope this area holds some nice bulls. Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance

Did someone turn in a tag that allowed you to get on the "list", and how does NDOW create the "list" anyhow?

I heard 231 can be a tough hunt due to thick cedars. It has some big bulls for sure as Cindy Marques whacked that 430" toad in 2002 with a smokepole.

Good luck and make sure to post some pics!

Ed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom