FRONT DOOR IS UP!!!

3 weeks of anticipation followed by disapointment. man i hate not gettin drawn!

And now the F&G site is down...

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

5% on my elk tag and slightly better than that on my deer and I DREW EM BOTH!!!
Unreal. I only drew 1 elk tag in 20 years applying as a res and have drawn 2 in 8 years as a non-res. Only drew 1 deer tag a res (and I was 12) and now I've drawn twice in 5 years as a non-res. I'll take it!
I'm not sure how my wife is gonna take it. OH CRAP!!!!!

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Not working for me. If someone who drew or tag, or applied unlimited, could check teh backdoor, then we would know if we needed to waste our time waiting for the frontdoor.

friggin IDFG !!!!!!!! there I.T. department sucks azz !! there damned site is always down if more than two people are on it i swear. happens everytime you need something !!! arrrghhh

They posted results to the front door only. The back door does not show results early this time.

I just double checked with F&G. Front door is the only way as of now.

It is looking real good. 3 mule deer tags unit 14 for our group including my wife. And my wife drew 22 bear. Suddenly it is looking like a busy busy fall!!!!

Did you find out before the site went down?

DTfaM.gif

Havn't been this nervous since prom night. Hope I'm just as happy in the morning...good luck guys!

I checked right when it came up. Check myself and then the site really started bogging down.

>I checked right when it came
>up. Check myself and then
>the site really started bogging
>down.

So you're the one who did it.....

Wife and I both drew Unit 32 Bear Tag... that has been a long time coming for sure... lost count on the years applying for that one.

Interesting that so many people were able to check the website within the first 5 minutes before the crash. OR...care to enlighten us on how you beat the site>

I checked the back door and my unlimited archer antelope tag isn't there. Whats with that?

Do you guys think its down for the night, or will it be back in a while?

Im sure they are trying to get it back up. If you notice, sometimes it just goes strait to the service is unavailable page and sometimes it is trying to connect.

DTfaM.gif

Boy that is as bad as that hot little 10 showing you all her goods and than telling you to bad, hand off!!! I'm still just here waiting for a little look!!!

You ain't kidding. Im chompin at the bit to be disappointed but what the heck. Still the wait is better than Christmas! Good luck to everybody!

That sucks man! I'm checking every 30 seconds! I was driving through the middle of a fire south of Cedar city at 2:30 when they posted.

I got on during the first few minutes and found that all four in my family struck out! Kind of wish I was still waiting - at least then there is some hope. :-(

It feels like we are on an episode of PUNKD.....the F&G are all just sitting in front of there computer screens watching this thread laughing...

Could you all please stop trying to access the website. You are crashing it :) I will let you know when it is back up ;-)

>It feels like we are on
>an episode of PUNKD.....the F&G
>are all just sitting in
>front of there computer screens
>watching this thread laughing...

They're sitting in front of a screen....they let you in....let it load....slowly....then when you go to type in your info.....they pull the plug......and laugh about it.......and repeat.....

+1..STOP trying every 2 seconds, give me a dang hance to get my unsuccessful and i will be out of your way...lol

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

As if I wasn't already excited for the upcoming season! My buddy drew out on a unit 45 muzzy buck tag! And that's all I/we know before the crash... Still got a good feelin for my wife, dad, brother and/or granpa! Will update when I know more! 8) Goodluck to all!

>As if I wasn't already excited
>for the upcoming season! My
>buddy drew out on a
>unit 45 muzzy buck tag!
>And that's all I/we know
>before the crash... Still got
>a good feelin for my
>wife, dad, brother and/or granpa!
>Will update when I know
>more! 8) Goodluck to all!
>

Congrats Juan! Should be fuN!

Server is down until 10 a.m. Thursday morning. They lost the back up and some results. This may not be good.

>Server is down until 10 a.m.
>Thursday morning. They lost the
>back up and some results.
>This may not be good.
>

and how might you know that?

We drew unit 18 Deer Tags! That is if the IDFG didn't lose the results and had to redraw... now that would SUCK!

Mike

If its back up at 10:00 am, then it will probably crash at 10:03 am.

I tried to explain this irrational, nervous, anxious behavior we are all going through right now to a non-hunter. After 5min of explaining while she was laughing at me, I thought...Ok maybe we are all crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck everyone!

>I tried to explain this irrational,
>nervous, anxious behavior we are
>all going through right now
>to a non-hunter. After
>5min of explaining while she
>was laughing at me, I
>thought...Ok maybe we are all
>crazy, but I wouldn't have
>it any other way.
>
>Good luck everyone!

SO true... I called the GF when I found out and told her that now my sept is open to take her on the high buck hunt in WA, her response; "Oh.... well thats cool hun, good job."

I don't even care.... ;)

Mike

This is pissing me off much more than their mule deer management.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

What the hell happened? This is more than just a bunch of people hitting their site a the same time.

DTfaM.gif

1-208-334-3700..wait for recorded message and press 0 to speak to operator

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Yep call that number and either press 0 or 1, i did and drew unit 30 antelope and an extra doe tag, lots of meat in the freezer this year!

Smoked Em!! 7 tags between 4 of us.

2 deer
2 elk
3 ant

none are unlimited 5%-13% draw odds after yesterday with the odds first started prepping myself for nothing. Boy I was wrong sweet

XtremeHunter,

You took my lope tag! lol jk I'm just going to have to stick one with my bow in August!

JDElec, That is sweet nice work! Very cool and very lucky!

Mike

I called 208-334-3700 extension 1 and asked if I drew a tag. I drew my limited Island Park 60-2 either sex deer tag!!! It's going to be amazing!!!!

Unsuccessful for 42 antelope, 44 elk & deer.

It's been 11 years since I've drawn antelope, applied every year to the same hunt, with about 1 in 10 odds most years. God, what I would do for a Nevada type system. Quite the shame that a species of animal, owned by all of us, cannot be hunted with a rifle unless you get lucky (odds don't get better).

Well the website is still down, the phones are jammed up at the regional offices...

Maybe the F&G decided to go back to mailing the results

Man, this is crap.... I checked the website just about every 10 min, trying to be patient before calling. Come 6PM I call and get the guy who sells NR tags and licenses. I tell him I am a NR and would like to buy a tag but need to know if I drew one first. Come to find out this guy apparently can't be trusted with this type of classified information. I can guarantee my patience with the website is going to last until about 8:10AM tomorrow and then I'm going to be calling the gals at the office!!!

F&G should have just put the results on backdoor first. Let them deal with the big rush.

I'm the first to give IDFG the benefit of the doubt. But, this has "I don't have my ##### together" written all over it.

website is back up and running. hurry and crash it. called yesterday and it looks like i'm chasing bulls in 44 this fall.

>website is back up and running.
>hurry and crash it. called
>yesterday and it looks like
>i'm chasing bulls in 44
>this fall.

Congrats on the 44 bull tag man! There are some good bulls in that unit, should be a fun hunt! 8)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-12 AT 05:11PM (MST)[p]Website is up, but you still can't get results.And the phone lines just keep looping you. It is useless. Backdoor says my resident buddy can only buy non-resident tags because drivers licenses don't match, which probably means we are treated as non-residents. I wonder how many years this has been going on with no notification? I have never drawn an antelope tag in 30 years of applying in the same unit and the odds were really good when I started(40%). The odds of never drawing is less than .1 of 1 percent.

Looks like I drew a couple 45 tags. Never had the elk tag before, but this is my second deer tag for the unit.

Pretty pumped for October!

JJ

Unit 29 antelope. 3 years of trying any type of tags and finally successful on one. Thanks Lord. If anyone has any info about this hunt, it would be appreciated. I've never been to this area of the state and know nothing about it. I plan on going scouting next month but could use some help on where to start. Thanks.

Wife drew her Cow Elk tag and Fall Bear tags in Unit 32 for both of us finally....we have been lucky enough to draw the Spring bear in Unit 32 before, I am sure the Fall hunt will be a different game......looking forward to it already. Good luck to everyone who were fortunate to draw this year..

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-12 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]Nothing for me 6 years in a row.
I'm thinking about not buying the Sportsmans package anymore and only buying the hunting and fishing licence and applying for the tags I want.

No draw,no more excess money to F$G. If everyone did it this way they would have to change. It's great for some of you who draw great hunts on a pretty regular basis but IMHO this state needs a point system like Nevada's.
flame gear on and ready

I think I like Idaho's system. Drawn something for the last 3 years in a row. One with around 35% odds, one with 100% odds and now one with around 19% odds.

nadda for me again. I just hate it when people draw a tag on the first try in a unit ive been trying for for 15 yrs. then say they know nothing about the unit and ask for help. I just shake my head and blame Obama.

NADAhere also. Guess I better be on the internet first thing on the 17th to get a general season elk permit here in Utah soI can hunt something this year.

36A-1 Elk rifle and 36A rifle Deer for me. The WARDEN is not going to be happy because the whole month of October is shot for her. Oops!

Good luck on that 36 tag. Have a buddy that hunts that and hasnt had much luck the last couple years finding elk. Sounded like the wolves hit it hard.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom