Front range bear hunting

D

doubleA

Hey guys looking for any info I can get on hunting bears in the front range. I have never done this before so any info is welcome. Bow, Muzzy, rifle, I don't care. I also have a place to stay in unit 511 so that would be another option.

Aaron

No sure where you are talking on the "front range" But there is a good population of bears along the foothills. I should draw in the northern front range this year. I talked to the local DOW agent early last year(thinking I would draw) He was very informative and pointed me in several directions to start looking. He called me through out the sumer when he had sightings. Then called me the first time he had a bear problem. He told me the story of a bear that had been breaking into a cabin on NF. Unfortunatly for both of us, I didn't have a tag. Thats a place to start because most agents and bears aren't friends.

Get a map of the Pike and San Isabel Natl. forests and start scouting out areas from Cripple Creek south to Hwy 50, around Rye, and La Veta pass south. I've seen good bears in these areas, and lots of them. You might try to get a hold of Bob Holder in Trinidad. He's the DOW officer for that area, and I know he spends a lot of time relocating bears out of town. He might have some useful info for you. Good luck.

By Front Range I meant around Fort Collins... I do have a place to stay near Cripple Creek as well. I might be muzzy hunting 7 this year and was wondering if I should get a bear tag as well.

Aaron

I have saw bears in unit 7, last year was by far the most, a buddy who archery hunts saw one the day before we arrived, we saw a cub and a mother one day, and he walked in on a huge one on a gut pile of the elk I shot, they are there, finding them may be hard, because ya know when you are actually looking for them they dont come around!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom