Fruita storms this week

GR,
It was 90? here in Loma last weekend through yesterday, so there is nothing yet. Storm moving in right now, very windy. Weather report calling for 4-8" in the high mountains in the next couple of days. I wouldn't expect to see too much up on Douglas out of this storm. Even if it does, the snow will melt pretty quickly.
peanut

GR,

It blew through Fruita today. But it's clear and cold right now. Throughout the day we had viscious little thunder showers with a little hail thrown in for good luck. I doubt very much there was significant snow on Douglass because of it. And like Peanut said, it's been hot and if Douglass did get a couple of inches today it's almost certainly gone or will be tomorrow. On the evening news I saw that there were gusts recorded up to 70 MPH today. I can believe it, it wasn't a good day to stand under big old cottonwood trees.

I'm sure glad I combined all my pinto's that were cut yesterday because if they were still in the field they would be wrapped around the nearest fence line or tree.

Black Canyon tomorrow,

BeanMan

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-09 AT 11:40PM (MST)[p]I'm praying the snow waits until just before the second season ends and then dumps two feet in the high country! No offense, I have a 3rd season tag.

I have a 2nd season tag,I,m also hoping for snow,what does it look like there?I have been counting the days till I leave,this will be my first time hunting 30.usualy hunt solo and do lots of glassing..got a smaller milker buck buck here in utah for the freezer,now looking to up-grade in colo,also have a cow elk tag in utah."Is it time yet"get the gun,lol.~Danny

I could only imagine that you would want snow at that point. I have hunted the book cliffs utah for quite some time, the deer on the books leave the tops during the last few days of the muzzy hunt (late september regardless of weather) and curious if you know if the deer migrate from the tops whether there is snow or not in 30? My guess is it is the same heard, and they would probably do the same? Also have you ever spent time in the Rhat hole area in 30?

Correct me if I am wrong,but I thought rathole is not in 30; however it is in Utah and into Col. 21.

When I drop into Rhat hole from Utah book cliff side, there are signs everywhere that say colorado GMU 30? I look at the map, and can definatly see that it is unit 30. regardless, how are the deer in that area?? I have only hunted it in the Utah side.

Bean, do you know whether it takes Weather for the deer to start migrating down in unit 30, or do they start migrating regardless? Utah Book Cliffs deer start migrating regardless of weather, just curious if unit 30 deer do the same?

Thanks in advance.

Greys,

I've never hunted 30 before, so, I won't hazard a guess. I hope someone with good info will send it to you, I just don't have anything to add.

Bean

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom