g-5 tekan 2 broadheads

thicketmaster

Has any one used the g-5 tekan 2 broad heads?how did they perform?was thinking of shooting them this year and wanted to hear others opinon on them.

Below is a photo of the only animal I've shot with G5's Tekan II. The broadhead obviously worked, because she's dead. I wasn't overly impressed with the size of the entry and especially exit wounds though. In this photo you can see the exit...not exactly what I'm looking for when shooting an expandable head. G5 has increased the cutting diamter on the Tekan this year, so that will probably help some. The head did seem pretty durable however. Take all this with a grain of salt though because like I said, this was my only experience. Hardly an expert.

Elk2.jpg

I love these heads!!!!!!!!!
I have shot two cow elk with them and they performed flawlessly. Both shots were complete pass through's. My one cow bled so much that it looked like the bottom 3 feet of the trees were tagged by grafiti artists armed with red spray paint!
A couple of my buddies shoot these as well and love them.
I have been shooting these for two seasons now and don't plan on switching to anything else.
I have two packs of the new style ordered for this season and they should be even better than the older style.
I would say that you will love this head. The only bad that I see with this head is it's not very quiver friendly. You have to cut holes in your quiver foam, but other than that it gets a 10.

G5 for life!!!

}}-SLIVER-->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom