G3 vs. G39 ? Which is the better for big muleys?

I would have to say G3 Its a month later, more chance of snow.
The draw odds are similar. The anderson flat would be another option.Good luck in the draws everyone!

Give me a tag for each and I'll get back to you on my research results. Either of these hunts has the potential for as good as it gets in California.

Of the 4 G tags, G-39 G-37 G-3 G-6
G-6 has the best odds. 1330 apps. for 50 tags last year.
Good luck on the draws everyone!

g3 more deer some real nice bucks, but lots of people everywhere.

g39 can be fantastic if early snow. If early snow, you will see more bigger bucks, some real dandies.

if no snow, g39 still good. do your homework ahead of time to know where to glass and spot. Less hunters to compete with is a big plus.

The ONLY factor that makes the G3 the best hunt is the fact that it is in the heart of the rut, both in time and geographic location.

The bucks have only one thing on their mind and it ain't fear of people.

They couldn't be dumber at any other time of the year and no amount of people, trucks, rifle fire or traffic, affects them.

Obviously, if there is no snow, they can stay in the park and do the mating thing, but if they are forced down by the weather, it is pretty much a turkey shoot.

Now......if there were some trophy deer left in the Sierra.....

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

If I had the choice between the 2 hunts, I would go with the G-39. G-3 is the best as far as seeing more quality deer in a condensed area for reasons Nickman mentioned. But the Sherwin herd coming out the the Sierra's would not be a bad option. Even if we didn't get the snow fall early, I would start scouting at the north side of G-39 & work my way south. There's always brutes coming out of the high country.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom