G4 late season goat

Santana

Got lucky and drew a late season tag in G4. I'd welcome any first-hand knowledge on general areas of where to start looking, and good trailheads - thanks!

The road to the top will likely be closed during the late season so you may want to be prepared for a long hike. I would definitely bring cold weather gear because conditions can change quickly at 10 to 14,000'! Depending upon the year you may have some pretty deep snow drifts in spots.

Thanks jims. Yeah I think the road is closed in early October. From the harvest reports it looks like most of the kills are in the general vicinity of Mt. Evans, Bierstadt, and head of Chicago Ck. I'll contact the wildlife biologist for other details, especially for the late season. I'm hoping some of the previous year's tag holders respond too.

Rough country might get some horses to get in there, and if the weather ant bad you better do it then or you might not have a chance.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom