G5 Striker

scopenstalk

I am thinking of using the G5 Striker 100g. on this coming falls elk hunt. any good info for me good or bad about them would help!

They shoot great.

If I were only shooting from a tree stand or a ground blind I would use someting that has a much larger cutting diameter. This way the animal has all the KE used up in it instead of the KE being absorbed in the dirt.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I have used the Strikers. I couldn't get them to tune out of an x-force at 327 fps. I kept having them plane on me. I just swapped bows and am running a Drenalin at about 295 fps now. I have yet to try out the strikers with it yet though. I suspect that they will fly better now that I will be slowing them down some. I am also going to ty out the Montec for a comparison.

I switched over to the G5 Striker last year and I have really liked them. I was able to take an elk in Aug. with them at 30 yds. Broadhead did a great job and I was impressed. They actually fly really well for me but I am only shooting around 280fps. I also insert my own arrows and I make sure to put a Striker on each insert when I put them in and line them up with my vanes and also make sure that the amount of glue is even.
redelkarcher>>>------------------>

I currenty am using the G5 Tekan II's, however I have a few buddies that shoot the Strikers and love them. Much like a Wac em' only sharper and more durable.

G5 for life.

}}-SLIVER-->

These broadheads fly GREAT! I won't say they fly exactly like my field points, but they don't really need to. They are durable, resharpenable/replaceable, and man do they put the SMACK Down and hit hard! G5 makes some great products. IMHO

Great head for Elk. And they fly right with my field points out of my x-force. I'm shooting about 300 fps. I have experience with the 100 gr. standard slick tricks and they are awesome as well. Either one would work great for your elk hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom