G6 kern river

Juniork5

Have a question my wife has 13 points and I think we made a mistake and put in for G6 what are your thoughts? Also is there a way to change it? Figured she wouldn’t be able to draw G3 anyways

You have a chance to draw G6 on points. you are 6 points away from max points, so It'll be a long time before you get to Draw G3 with a max point status. G6 statistically looks good.

I've had the tag three times. Once by myself and twice with my hunting partner. If you don't get weather you won't see deer.
You need cold rain or snow to start the rut. Last time we hunted it we never saw a buck until the 3 days before the end and that's when it got cold and started to rain. Most of the deer are forkies, 3x4 and a few smaller 4x4's.

There is a way to change your CA application. You need to email the license and revenue branch with your necessary information and tell them explicitly how you want your application changed. From:, To;.

The.LRB email is in the contact information on their site.

Ok thank you I will look for it I think I’m going to change the draw. Don’t think it is wise to burn 13 points on G6 if quality has declined.

It's a decent hunt. Hopefully, I'll get bumped up if you get to pull your draw.??. Maybe a random because I only have 5 pts right now. This used to be an easy tag to draw until some woman from Bakersfield shot a 187" buck out of there a few years ago. There are big deer but they're few and far between. Like mentioned, mostly forkies, 3x3 and average 4x4s. It is weather dependent but they'll still be in the rut. The rut depends more on length of the day(biological clock kicks in) than the weather. Weather helps but not the determining factor. I've gone up and seen tons of deer without the weather. I live about an hour and a half away. Trips just to see what I can see. I'll also agree that it's not worth burning 13 pts. I just put in because it's close to home and I know where the migration routes are. Good luck this year and with the process of changing your draw choice. ?

Last edited:
There’s still some good bucks in there but not like there used to be. EXTREMELY weather dependent. If you don’t get weather the chances of seeing some good bucks goes way down. If it was me I’d apply for X5B in northern Cali. I hunted there 2 years again and there are some dandy bucks in there. Takes around 15 points to draw but in my opinion it’s worth waiting the extra couple years to go there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom