Game and fish

elkmuzzleloader

I just logged on to my account to print off my general hunting license for the year so I could go turkey hunting. My license said that it was just a receipt and not a license so I called and was told that because I choose the refund option I could not hunt spring turkey with out going down and repurchasing the license and stamps. I then explained to the lady on the phone that it did not say that anywhere in the proclamation anywhere. She then told me that there was a statement about it on there website on March 16th, and that I should have read it then. I told her that I purchased my license and draw options back in January and she became very quite. When I got her to speak again she said well it should have been explained to me when I applied for a turkey tag. I told her that I don't apply but use a OTC tag. She then asked me to explain the difference between OTC tags and draw tags. My jaw hit the floor and after a brief discussion I was given the chief in charge of licensecs.
She then explained to me that I needed to go and buy the license to hunt turkey but if I draw to call her back in May and I would receive a refund for the duplicate licenses. Hope this is right and I hope this didn't affect anyone else.

ITS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE...ANY receipt with an authorization number may be printed and used in lieu of a license.. But yeah the ladies there dont know much other then hello game and fish....

WAIIIITTTTT... She said that you would be refunded for Dup licenses?? We brought this up a few months ago and nobody paid attention until we brought it up again a few weeks ago... That is why they issued that press release...ANYWAY.... We were told NO REFUNDS for Dup Licenses.. Man, this entire refund thing is a mess... The only person that wanted it was Martinez and her crew because she considered it a "tax"...
BTW it is not illegal to have two licenses, it is just illegal to have more that two tags for turkey or one for deer....etc...
If you guys are hearing refunds I would really be interested if they are going to change there minds..
J

So you don't agree with the refund to people that will not visit the state otherwise??

I think it is a great idea. They get money from those that draw and the others are not left with an $85 application fee.

Yep it's a mess.

Regarding the "check for refund if not drawn box" it was a misguided last-minute knee-jerk plan that was not thought through.

Look at Arizona: they have a $150 application fee in the form of having to purchase a non-refundable hunting license to apply. Alaska is $85. NM's proposal wasn't anything way out in left field, and by allowing the check box, the Gov inadvertently cut a LOT of $ from the G&F. $ that was intended to offset the reduced numbers of tags going to NRs (that cost more).

I would agree that G&F should be willing to provide a refund for anybody that ends up with 2 licenses, though. Not sure if there is a mechanism for the process.

Tone just so you know I purchased the license in Jan after reading the new proc cover to cover for the reason on the new laws. No where did my copy make any notes to the fact that this would not work for me. After talking with G&F today they also realized that it was not in the proc either but was released on March 16th long after I purchased my license. The first line of my license purchase states "This is a receipt and not a license for the 2012-2013 license year (4/1/2012 to 3/31/2013)." Not what I expected to see when I went to print it out.
After talking to Rhonda at G&F she told me to go ahead and purchase the new license and stamps. If I draw out G&F will refund the purchase price of the first license and stamps because they did not state this in the proc this year. So come May 9th when I hopefully draw a tag I will contact her and get the refund because they did not inform the public of this until after I had purchased my license.

Did they not say they would make up the money on the lic. this year from the changes that 196? and they are giving a refund?

So because other states charge an outrageous nonrefundable price, it is okay for NM to do it?? Great motto to live by.

same here i bought my wife a game tag and on the week before the deadline they say i have to buy another game license if she wanted to hunt turkey. they need to say something right away she doesnt go small game.

As did I, but i received an email friday with the reciept with an authorization number. Goodluck chasing Thunder Chickens

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom