Game Processing in Alturas area

kilowatt

Been on the puter today and googling and could not find any meat processing places in Alturas or Likely. Do any of you know if there is one or not up there?
How about Burney area? No doubt there is one down in Susanville but have not check there yet, but will do so later.
Just trying to be one step ahead of the hunting and taking care of the meat during the hot season up there if I should be so lucky to draw this year.

Thanks,
Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Since Walt's Market closed down a few years ago I don't think there is anyone in Alturas. You might call Steve at Adin Supply he may do deer but I'm not sure.

2 Years ago we hung our antelope at a place west of town on 299.about 5 mile out of Alturas.
there was a phone # on a sign in front of a ranch house.
the shop was out back in the barn, had a cold box and cutting shop. We called the # and hung our goat. Never saw the owner? He did not live at the house. But we were able to hang the antelope. it's hot up there in august. We took it home to cut up a couple days later.

+1 Idaho Grocery in Susanville!!

They did a great job on the front half of my buck last year. I had it all done in a grind and it was the first stuff to go this winter. Great stuff, Very reasonably priced!!!

Joey

Kilo, Yeah, i got all my stuff sent in yesterday. I was torn between putting in for area 4 where a lot of tags are given out and fairly easy hunting or area 5, the zone in the middle that must be way low in animal numbers cause there's only like 8 tags given. Because i've hunted it before and found a really good area off the beaten path, i was the only hunter in the whole area with a couple dandy public land lopes last time, I put in for 5.

Now that you mention it...i had forgotten. Next year!! :)

Joey

A lot of guys I work with swear by Lassen Custom meats.

I use Idaho Grocery. They are personal friends, give me advice to save me money and are right on Main Street.

don't think you can go wrong with either.

Gotta agree with Slayer,
Can't go wrong with Lassen Custom Meats or Idaho. I've used both and both have done a great job. For the past 15 years or so I have been loyal to Lassen Custom Meats. The owner has become a friend over the years.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

Thanks guys that is good to know that 2 good places in Susanville to go to for service. Now I just got to pray for luck in the draw so I can go there.

Brian

xvvgp.jpg

Brian, if you do wind up at Idaho Grocery ask Joey or Robert about buying a copy of their father's book, "The Power of Nothing". "Mr Idaho" was a great guy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom