Garmin with Google earth

L5

Would like to purchase a Garmin that I can download Google Earth onto with my Google Earth waypoints.
Think this would be a better combo than the mini computer I now use with Google Earth for my hunting areas.

Any suggestions from you GPS guru's?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-11 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]Its pretty easy to download your google earth waypoints and tracks onto any garmin device. I think the program is called GPS babel. You export your google earth data and then convert it to the garmin way points and then import it with your garmin software. There are some tutorials on the net I think.

As far as actually downloading Google Earth onto a GPS, I don't think it is possible. You can only do the individual waypoints tracks and other data.

My Garmin Oregon 550T is capable of downloading waypoints to google earth and vice versa , google earth to my Garmin . I do this all the time .... w/ the updated software available and plugging your Garmin to your computer it's a breeze . I've downloaded well over 300 waypoints to my Garmin this way .

I use google earth to trace trails or paths I want to take and then load them on my Garmin. It really helps to keep you on track to end up where you want to be. Especially sneaking into an area to hunt before daylight.

Google Earth is compatible with essentially any Garmin GPS that you'd get at the store now days. I have the eTrex Legend HCx and it does just fine either way. I can download waypoints, etc. from Google Earth to the device, and also upload my GPS waypoints to Google Earth rather easily.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom