GATOR BAIT (Pics)

kilowatt

Here are a couple of interesting pictures I received the other day. Looks to be from a place called Cape Romain, SC

CapeRomainSCGatorDeer1.jpg

CapeRomainSCGatorDeer2.jpg

Thank God I don't have to drink at the water's edge!
I grew up in East Texas by the Sabine River and I have seen aligators in the wild there, and even seen their tracks on a sandbar about 30 yds. from where we launch our boat into the river. It scares me to think that I swam in that river as a kid.

The only SemperFiHunter thinking I need to stay out of the river.
(Forgive the plagiarism BOBCTBESS)

That whole idea scares the snot out of me. I'll take the Wyoming wind and snow. Forget those studly gators!

I live right amongst them here on Lake George in north central Florida. that one looks to be about ten foot, although he is a little broad in the back for that size.
I've had them put me back in my airboat several times when wade fishing for bass in the spring. They can get to be a downright nusience sometimes! Also came on a bunch of hatchlings along the shoreline during archery season a couple of years ago. Decided real quick I wanted to hunt somewhere else!! Had five up to six feet in my back yard when the water was high last fall. Had to go out several times a day to chase them off. Hell on dogs!
Still, I'm more comfortable with gators than with your bears and lions in the Northwest.
Any of you uplanders want to wade fish for bass, come on down!! I'll try to get over my concerns with your critters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom