Gator hunt?

I killed one in Texas a handful of years ago now. We caught it on a line, pulled it up and shot it in the back of the head with a .22. It was extremely uneventful overall. It didn’t thrash around or anything like you see on TV.

7133F0F8-E9E6-4AC1-AE0C-D833B69EB184.jpeg

I took a friend of a friend elk hunting to / in exchange for a gator in LA,
Still figured he owed me as shooting a water lizard shouldn’t be too hard and no big deal with a coonass in the swamps ?

He got to elk hunt …

I’ve never been gator hunting.
I want some nice boots though ? we should book one !

I owe my wife a vacation and then I’m doing it. I’ve kinda heard it’s anti climatic. But I think it would be cool to do.

2things everyone should do in life.

Hang out with those dudes speaking swamp french.

And those doooooods in Minesoooda

I watch swamp people and Larson farms just to listen to them talk???

I have pulled a few out of the marsh , in deep east Texas coastline, hang line on some
treble hook one on rod and reel
7-9 footers

I’ve been thinking of a financially reasonable way to hunt one with a gun.

I have not done enough research to know anything yet except for the prices quoted by one place were plenty high IMHO…but what do I know?

Zeke

I know a outfitter who can take care of ya in Louisiana. They are a good group, send me a message and I’ll send you the info.

I found them because we have a mutual friend. We got myself and my kid a gator for a good deal and great experience. I want to go back. The huntings fairly straight forward with lines or if you can shoot shooting them off line. But the food they make and the people make the trip!

Also they taste good. If you get one in Louisiana go with Richards meats. Neil’s the owner and man he does a good job. I 100% love the sausage the guy made up for me. He made it and I drove to pick it up because I had over 200 lbs of meat off my groups gators (all my friends and their kids gave me their gator meat (should add Nolan hunts a lot and already had a freezer full)). But due to the total amount of meat I drove from Utah to Louisiana to pick it up. Met Neil who met me after hours, got the meat, very nice guys at the facility. Let’s just say gator is a must!

I've threatened to hunt em down here on the Gulf but they ruin the fun with all the archaic regs.
If I could just go shoot one in the day time then that would be great. But basically you go "hunting" at night with a fishing rod and a bang stick. No thanks.

I’m going to Gainesville in September for a football game and have thought about throwing in a gator hunt as part of the trip.

Not even sure what to expect.

Vanilla, I was in the same boat and I loved it FYI. Possibly the most unique hunt I have ever done - and I have been on some amazing trips.

We drew tags in Florida this last year and had a lot of fun. Shot them with bow/crossbow. If you draw a license in Florida, you get two kill tags.

Florida is awesome, you can share your tag with someone you just have to be there. 1 guy draws 2 guys hunt. I have done this several times.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom