General elk permits - 2022

Most of the feedback the division received was negative, according to Justin Shirley, director of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. He said 120 of 148 comments either "strongly or somewhat" disagreed with the idea.

Hunters wrote that the hunt was one of the last over-the-counter permits opportunities in the state and argued the division should fix the website instead. Some feared the division would never go back if it went to a draw or said it was a "money grab" by the division, Shirley said, reading off some of the comments. The idea also failed through all of the state's various Regional Advisory Councils, which Utah Wildlife Board Chairman Kevin Albrecht noted is rare.

120 comments out 148 against how many permits were sold?

Sounds more like a local chapter for something all decided to chime in rather than a mix across the state...

I chimed in. Not a chapter member of any organization.
It wasn't hard or time consuming.

Just imagine what might happen if everyone on here took the time there instead of here.

I just have to shake my head.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom