General Opening Day Buck

bchap05

My dads opening day buck in a general unit. Only one day of scouting and didn't see him. Just got lucky.

1264deer.jpg

4615deer3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-13 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-13 AT 01:50?PM (MST)

Thank you we were pretty pumped! He is with the taxidermist now. Kind of hard to see in the pics but if you go with at least 1 inch points he has 10 on the right and 9 on the left.

Unfreekin believable! That is a toad, congrats to you and your Dad both. That will be a great family heirloom for sure.

That's an awesome monster of a buck. I see your Idaho plates is that what state he got it in? Congrats to your dad.

Thanks everyone! Yeah it was in Idaho. Not even a great unit typically harvest wise. I almost changed units at the last minute. Good thing I didnt

Holy chit, that is one hell of a buck. I don't think I could possibly leave it at the taxidermist. I hope he spread some of the amazing genetics last fall. Congrats to your dad.
www.pure-elevation.com

That's what were hoping he has some off spring somewhere close. We will hit the same area opening next year if we don't draw.

I'd have to double check but I think my dad said he was 30. He had a few points that had broke off on the one side that I believe would have made him a 10 x 11 and a little wider.

He is just lucky the first deer he ever shot in I think 1981 was general season in Muldoon. That deer which is also massive and he has mounted is actually wider than this deer. This one is taller and has more points though.

Very nice to see great bucks like that without guides/private ground/etc. Good job to you and your dad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom