general

victor w jordan

I have a cow and general deer tags for the Bannock range and i want to hunt unit # 74 , i do not want to steal any ones spot ,,how ever just want a general idea on elk numbers for that area, would just like to know if my chances are any good of harvesting a cow , just a little information would be appreciated

You and everybody from Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Blackfoot, Malad, Downey, Mcammon, Lava, Preston and on and on and on...

You have a chance just like the thousands of other hunters that buy that tag every year. Lots of private ground to work around and a bunch of dick hunters to deal with.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of truth to what Deepcolor said.
I lived in Idaho just west of McCammon for eight years. It took me five years to figure out how to kill a cow elk. The last three years I got one every year but there is a lot of private where the elk will be and a lot of knowledge to be learned on how to hunt around it.
Same story with buck deer hunting.

Unless you have access to private land your odds of killing a cow elk in the Bannock zone are very low. With such a liberal hunting season, the Bannock Zone elk have either been killed or learned how to avoid hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom